Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

To veil or not...

I want to know what you ladies are doing with hair pieces.  Im so indecisive about what to do with my hair.  I was told by the lady at the shop that 95% of brides wear a veil but i have a feeling she was just saying that to try and get me to buy one... There are so many options between flowers, feathers, veils, nothing, im just a bit overwhelmed... I would love to hear your hair decisions and maybe something will spark with me.  Thanks!

Re: To veil or not...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_veil-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:efbaa380-67cf-44b6-9e85-290a09e64e94Post:d802528a-5b00-4574-8673-6ccf838ac818">To veil or not...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to know what you ladies are doing with hair pieces.  Im so indecisive about what to do with my hair.  I was told by the lady at the shop that 95% of brides wear a veil but i have a feeling she was just saying that to try and get me to buy one... There are so many options between flowers, feathers, veils, nothing, im just a bit overwhelmed... I would love to hear your hair decisions and maybe something will spark with me.  Thanks!
    Posted by sheenam7[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to wear a veil, it's not really my style. It might depend on your personal style and what your dress/ hair will look like. I also don't want to cover up my hair so that's another reason. I'm going to wear some type of pretty hair clip. :) it's really up to you, if you'd rather not wear one than don't! It's whatever you feel prettiest in. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think that 95% quote is true.  I do think that a lot (probably a majority) of brides have a veil, but it's definitely not unusual NOT to have one, either.

I have a thin veil where you can see through it so it won't completely cover my hair.  I also have a sparkly pearl/crystal comb that goes in front of the veil.  My dress is somewhat simple, so I am dressing it up a little with my accesssories.  :-)  I also figured that it's not often that you can wear such a pretty comb, so might as well do it for the big day.

As for hairstyle -- not sure!  My stylist and I have been discussing it, but still nothing set in stone.  Maybe up for the ceremony and down for the reception (removing the veil), but still undecided.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I have a veil that I spent way to much on on a whim. I'm wearing the veil, but I might not have if I hadn't spontaneously bought it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    You only get to have a veil once in your life...and actually seeing my dress with a veil is what made me know my dress was the one.  However, I am only wearing the veil for the ceremony and am buying a more whimsical hair peice for the reception.  Good luck with your decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is more like 60% because it was in my brides magazine. I found this cute short veils that cover the face at Claires yes the jewelry store. But can't decide if I want that or a longer veil.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards