Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

DJ Stress!

I was just looking at my DJs online planning, which is great. However, it really, really stressed me out! So many songs to chose! YIKES!!

What are some of the songs you guys are choosing?
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: DJ Stress!

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Party Entrance - Still Undecided

Our Entrance: Michael Franti - Say Hey (I Love You)

First Dance: Train - Marry Me

Father/Daughter: Jessica Simpson - You Don't Have to Let Go

Mother/Son - LeAnne Womack: I Hope You Dance

Cake Cutting: Still undecided - potentially A Whole New World (Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey Version)

Garter Toss: N/A

Bouquet Toss: N/A

Last Dance: Still undecided

hmmm... let's see - what else is there?
  • edited December 2011

Parents and BP entrance: Star Wars theme
    B&G entrance: Olympic theme song

First dance: "Amazed", Lonestar

F/D: "You Raise Me Up", Josh Groban

M/S: "I Hope You Dance", Leann Womack

Cake cutting: "It's Your Love", Tim McGraw
    Bouquet boss: "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", Cyndi Lauper

Garter toss: "I'm Too Sexy", Right Said Fred

Dollar dance: My DJ played something traditional, but I have no clue what it was.

Anniversary dance: "You're Still the One", Shania Twain

Last dance: "I've Had the Time of My Life", Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes

HTH!

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    g - I love Michael Franti's "Say Hey" for a bride/groom entrance!  Such a fun beat!

We've been thinking either Ingrid Miachelson's "The Way I am" and Ben E King's "Stand By Me" for our first dance songs.
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

jl - this also stresses me out! I keep putting it out of my head because I dont want to make a decision... i seriously haven't picked a single song for anything Wink

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some combination of Then by Brad Paisley, Momma's Song by Carrie Underwood, Alright by Darius Rucker, the Penn State Fight Song/Lion roar thing, Pitt Alma Mater, Don't Stop Believing by Journey, Kanye, I Would Do Anything for Love (sorority thing, don't ask) and a partridge in a pear tree.

I can tell you what will not be there: organized dancing, Etta James "At Last", YMCA, the Chicken Dance, Macarena, and Baby Got Back (I'm sure FI will fight me on this one),
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_dj-stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:184bedd9-f4aa-4d51-af58-e2cab48aafa8Post:2d48f3bb-0074-4478-ae67-27bb0d174e53">Re: DJ Stress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can tell you what will not be there: organized dancing, Etta James "At Last", YMCA, the Chicken Dance, Macarena, and Baby Got Back (I'm sure FI will fight me on this one),
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

lol i'm on board with most of this.. however i do enjoy me some organized dancing. i'm pretty sure my mom would cry if the Electric Slide wasn't played...

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    db, I'm sure I'm going lose the Battle of Sir Mix A Lot and the Battle of the Electric Slide. I'll just conveniently be peeing at that time during the reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh geez let me see what I can remember..

parents/grandparents entrance: "Love and Marriage" (sinatra?)
    bridal party/our entrance: Chris Brown "Forever"
    cake cutting: "How Sweet it Is to be Loved by You"
    father/daughter dance: "I Loved Her First"
    garter removal: Christina Augulera "Ain't No Other Man"

Thats all I can remember for now!
  • LilyWater09LilyWater09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will so be in my DJ contract that partial payment is withheld to ensure there is no Electric Slide, Chicken Dance, or Macarena played.  I hate those with a passion - not for them being overplayed at weddings - but just because hearing them ever since I first heard them makes me want to vomit.  Money mouth
  • dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually just looking at my DJ contract last night and trying to figure out what I want played.  What a daunting task!!  I'm going to just try to find a list somewhere online (I think my DJ has one), print it out and start highlighting.

Two songs that will not be played at my wedding - The Cupid Shuffle and the Cha Cha Slide.  HATE THOSE SONGS!!
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards