Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Carson's Catering

Hello ladies! I've been researching some rustic barn weddings and it seems like all of the ones I find and like are managed or connected with Carson's Catering.  Has anyone ever used this company? Is the service top-notch? What's the pricing like? Is the food good?  It seems really pricey, though no one has called me back with an exact quote.  I'm looking at having 150 people in October 2014. The fiance isn't picky about the venue as long as it isn't over our budget ($15,000 total) and the food is good.

Also, can anyone PM me the Vendor Recc/Review and Vendor Beware documents?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa

Re: Carson's Catering

• Options
    jessirayjessiray member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    My best friend used Carson's Catering for her reception, and it was a not-so-great experience. They didn't show up with the correct amount of cupcakes, and they also didn't provide the correct number of appetizer trays; they forgot some of them. The food that we were served at the head table was pretty good, but my fiancé said that the food that was served to the guests wasn't all that great. We personally decided not to use any of their services, and I'm a lot happier with the venue/caterer that we're going to use for our wedding. (Btw, just noticed that my location says detroit, but we are getting married in PIttsburgh.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_carsons-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:1896f54f-6600-4c95-a9de-a0a527bbc8c7Post:b43319bd-e81c-413f-ae59-e2c145321f2b">Re: Carson's Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]My best friend used Carson's Catering for her reception, and it was a not-so-great experience. They didn't show up with the correct amount of cupcakes, and they also didn't provide the correct number of appetizer trays; they forgot some of them. The food that we were served at the head table was pretty good, but my fiancé said that the food that was served to the guests wasn't all that great. We personally decided not to use any of their services, and I'm a lot happier with the venue/caterer that we're going to use for our wedding. (Btw, just noticed that my location says detroit, but we are getting married in PIttsburgh.)
    Posted by jessiray[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for your help!  They seem really pricey on their website, and I'd rather not have to sell my kidney if the food won't even be amazing.  Do you mind me asking where you're having your reception at? :) I love to hear what everyone else is doing!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_carsons-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:1896f54f-6600-4c95-a9de-a0a527bbc8c7Post:1b8b3364-19ee-4a0f-beb3-a72e054c3c9e">Re: Carson's Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carson's Catering : Thanks for your help!  They seem really pricey on their website, and I'd rather not have to sell my kidney if the food won't even be amazing.  Do you mind me asking where you're having your reception at? :) I love to hear what everyone else is doing!
    Posted by des9724[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No problem :) We're having ours at the Georgetown Centre. It's by the Century III Mall a little outside of the main Pittsburgh area. I haven't had the food, but my FI and my FMIL have both been to events there, and they really like the food. They have two areas, and we booked the bigger one for our date. It was exactly what I was looking for in a reception site, and it has terrific reviews online. Their price is not bad at all, and it includes gratuity, cleanup, setup, all that stuff. Of course I haven't had much dealing with them yet (my wedding is next April), but so far I'm really happy with them!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards