May 2012 Weddings

First dance - whole song?

Hi ladies,
are you planning to dance the whole song for your first dance? My FI and I just talked about it... we both are not great dancers and haven't even practice to dance slow with each other yet... hahaa...we also dont like the attention... I'm afraid to fall or make a fool out of myself... so we're thinking, maybe we just ask the DJ to play half of our song (it's 4 minutes long!!).  What are your plans?
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: First dance - whole song?

• We are playing the whole song. We also dance with each other all the time and have danced to this song before.

If you are more comfortable only doing half then go for it.
  • We're def not dancing to the whole song, but we are playing the whole song and letting others join us at some point.  We took dance lessons and are good with that, so it's not about our discomfort - I personally just think watching people dance for longer than a minute or two gets really boring.  But that's my opinion, you should do what's going to work best for you and your FI.  Would it make you more comfortable if people join you?  Maybe once people are around you you'll relax a little more - so do a minute on your own then have your DJ invite everyone else to join you.  And most of all, don't worry about how you look - just soak in the moment with your then H and enjoy!!!! Smile
    Anniversary
  • We are doing the whole song, but its only 2 minutes :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are not doing the whole song. I always get bored watching other people dance. So I want to keep it short and sweet. (Plus our reception is short)  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MelisMCMelisMC member
    First Comment
    We aren't doing the whole song because our's is close to 5 minutes long.
    Anniversary
  • I doubt we'll dance to the whole song. We are taking dance lessons, but who wants to watch two people dance for 4 minutes? We will be doing our first dance right after we are introduced as MR & MRS S! and right before dinner. People may be antsy by then and want to eat! But we want our pics since our photog will leave at dinner time.
  • we are fading out our song after the 2nd chorus. Its about 2.5 minutes
    PersonalMilestone
  • I think we will be dancing for 2 mins tops, we probably will cut it down to 1-1.5 minutes though. We're also nervous about dancing in front of everyone and it will be nice to cut it short! Another idea we've toyed with is having the BP join in after the first chorus so we won't be alone up there. 
  • We plan on playing the whole thing but it's only about 2 minutes long. I think it would be fine to cut a 4 minute song. 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're dancing to our whole song, but it's pretty short.  I'd say if the song is longer than 2.5-3 mins, I'd fade it out.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are doing the whole song.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our song is a little over 3 min and we are dancing to the whole song. I thought about cutting it short but then just decided to keep the whole thing since it goes by pretty fast. I know people will get bored watching us dance but they'll live =)
    Photobucket
  • We are actually having our first dance song cut to another song and we are going to line dance with the bridal party and then come back to our first dance song, so all together its like 5 min.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • We are dancing the whole song, but it's only about 2 minutes long, and we've taken a few rhumba classes. :)

If we decided on a 4-minute song, we'd def cut it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards