May 2012 Weddings
Options

:) / :(

Fun news!  Got in my first RSVP's today (4 of them!) and we left a line for people to request reception songs and all 4 couples did.  It'll be fun!

Not so fun news:  my best friend on this planet (and one of my ladies of honor) has started dating a guy who I really did get a great first impression about.  I didn't tell her my opinions about him.  She mentioned today that us not hitting it off really hurt her.  So, I just told her that I'm hoping we can hang out with him again because if I got a wrong first impression of him, then I want to know and want to be able to correct my thinking about him. I had already told her she could bring him to the wedding (that is in 38 days) and I definitely still stand by that.  However, I feel the awkwardness between us setting in.  I've been teary most of the day about it.  She has seen me through so much crap in my life and I hate the feeling of distance between us.  It doesn't help that it's happening 38 days before my wedding.  HOPEFULLY though it'll work itself out before the wedding. I know with my first marriage, none of my friends really liked him.  I got married anyway and lost 4 friends over it.  Then 6 years later, found out that my friends' instincts were right about him.  We'll see....
Wedding Countdown Ticker
108 image Invited to celebrate!
65 image Will be attending
38 image Won't be having any fun
5 image Can't Find their mailbox

Re: :) / :(

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks so much ladies for your ears & advice!  The good news is that BFF and I have already spoken a few times since I wrote this and there didn't seem to be any awkwardness with us (I even brought up her boyfriend and asked if he was able to make it this weekend for her son's birthday party and about his work).  So WHEW!!!!! She lives 3 hours away from me so we won't see each other again until my shower (on the 28th), we've both seen each other through so much crap (our husband's leaving us, her new baby, new jobs, relocations, dating, etc)...so I can't see that anything would necessarily tear us apart - but this was one of the first bumps for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    108 image Invited to celebrate!
    65 image Will be attending
    38 image Won't be having any fun
    5 image Can't Find their mailbox

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards