May 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding bands?

Are you getting a wedding band?

We already ordered his wedding band, but are undecided if I need/want/can afford one for myself.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
84 Attendingimage
66 Missing Outimage
0 Not Repliedimage

Re: Wedding bands?

• Options
    Yes I actually got 2 one for each side of my e-ring. I am so excited to get to wear them for the rest of my life!
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options
    we thought we might not be able to afford the bands that I wanted....so I got used to the idea of getting them on our 1 year anniversary. We just found out we have some money coming our way...but totally not a bad thing to get them later!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    The one that goes with my e-ring is way too expensive for us now, so we are going to both have plain white gold bands, we are going to Kay this weekend.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got my band at a very reasonable price bc the local jewelry store was going out of business and dropped prices - definitely search for one of those in your area! 

If you aren't able to find something you love in your price range, I think it's perfectly fine to just have your e-ring and have him place that on your finger on the big day. Maybe then at a vow renewal forever down the road or at your one year anniversary you can celebrate by getting one! Or never at all if it's not your style. I don't find that strange in the least :)
  • Options
    my band was sold with my e-ring as a set, so i have one.  it's really simple, but i like it that way.

if you can't afford one now, you could always get it as an anniversary gift later!  :)  or a vow renewal like pp said!
  • Options

I have my wedding band sitting in a drawer upstairs just waiting for me!  I would want SOMEthing to symbolize our marriage, even if it's something cheap for $20 off etsy or something.  Then I would upgrade later. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
    191 Ready to Party! image
    77 Missing Out image
    2 Making Me Crazy! image
  • Options
    You can always upgrade later. Like PP said, I would want something. My parents were 19 when they got married and my mom's original set is really little. She got a new set when they celebrated their 25th anniversary. She's going to tie her original set to my bouquet as my something old :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We thought of all the costs shelled out for the wedding, the wedding band is the only one besides pictures and the liscence itself that will last our whole married lifetime. Worth spending money on...however we did hunt around and eneded up with realllly good deals (my wedding band has more diamonds in it then the engagment ring and was 1/3 the price, it was a sample ring so others had tried it on and I had to get it resized rather then order in my size, but I dont really care and they resized it for free.)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I agree that you should have something to symbolize your wedding, your E-ring already has it's own meaning. I got FI a Titanium ring on Overstock for $35 and it's really nice. You don't have to spend a fortune, and like others said, it gives you a nice reason to upgrade later for an anniversary :)
  • Options
    I LOVE my e-ring (which he picked out all on his own!), and the bands that go with it just do not do it justice, IMO. I could probably have something custom made that I Iike a little better, but honestly any band is going to make it bulkier, and I like it the way it is, so I'm chosing not to have a band. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a band as a symbol of your marriage. You'll have the marriage license for that! :) 
  • Options
    Mine also came as a set! I don't think it's weird but I would want something. I think you could shop around or find just something small. Even look at Walmart it's not the best for jewelry BUT at least it would be something.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wedding-bands-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:05f7ce42-c0f9-4ee8-bb93-5bf77e31032cPost:acc93de2-7f52-473c-9e04-86f70e29436c">Re: Wedding bands?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I LOVE my e-ring (which he picked out all on his own!), and the bands that go with it just do not do it justice, IMO. I could probably have something custom made that I Iike a little better, but honestly any band is going to make it bulkier, and I like it the way it is</strong>, so I'm chosing not to have a band. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a band as a symbol of your marriage. You'll have the marriage license for that! :) 
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

This is me too.  My e-ring is already a double band, and I love it on its own.  I did get a cheap wedding band so I have something to wear to yoga and other situations I don't want the e-ring
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I will have a band. My E-ring actually came as a set with the wedding band.
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards