Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Need help planning friends OOT Pittsburgh wedding

Hey Ladies!!! 

I am helping my friend plan her wedding in Pittsburgh but we are both currently in South Florida.  She is from Pittsburgh but hasn't been there in FOREVER.  

She is cutting it close because her and her fiance have just now decided to get married the weekend of June 28th.  She picked the place, Twelve Oaks Mansion, but being that this is a destination wedding, we have to budget in other aspects. 

Can anyone recommed some vendors that we can try out and meet when we go up to PA in a few weeks?  We will need a photographer, hair/makeup, alterations, florist, dj, and anything else someone can think of. 

We are looking for maybe a freelance or extremely budget friendly photographer because we are making the wedding a whole weekend event.  As favors for Friday's festivities, we are giving Pirates tickets for Saturday's game and we would like a photographer who would also be able to join us at the field.  Maybe even one Photographer for the wedding aspect and another for the game.

We need recommendations for ALL vendors!  Thank god I still have all of my organization things from my April 2012 wedding.

Thanks Ladies!!!
IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary

Re: Need help planning friends OOT Pittsburgh wedding

• manjermjmanjermj member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    As for DJ, I can highly recommend Klicker Productions. They are a husband and wife team and were very awesome for my January wedding.

My girls and I had our hair done at Phillip Pelusi at Ross Park Mall in the north Hills. They were very accomodating and had all of us in and our in about an hour. Very efficient and prices were very reasonable.

Yolanda at Michael's bridal was awesome with my dress and bridesmaids alterations!
  • There's a sticky at the top of the board with recommended vendors; I'd suggest starting there. A lot of vendors can be found on Craigslist. Good luck- I'm getting married in June and booked vendors over a year in advance, and there were already ones who weren't available for my date.
  • CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Yeah there are tons of recommendations all over this board if you have the time to go through and look for them. I'm getting married next weekend so I'll be sure to post reviews on all of our vendors. Just off the top of my head- Cakes by Tammy is the BEST. I love her and can't wait to see/taste her creations for our rehearsal and wedding reception.

I would definitely say they need to get on it right away- June is a popular wedding month!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • steff308steff308 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    My sister in law used a Cranberry Twp. vendor for her wedding at the Sheraton in Cranberry.  She was great to work with and offered multiple services.  My sister in law rented chair covers, specialty skirting, uplights and a monogram light.   www.pittsburghweddingrentals.com

• Here are my recommendations!!! :)

DJ: DJ Tooth www.djtooth.com
    Wedding Planner: AB Occasion Design www.aboccasiondesign.com
    Florist: Parkway Florist
    Cake: Cakes by Tammy
    Transportation: Shamrock Limo
    Graphic Design for favors: Jeff Spears please PM me for his contact info
    Hair/Makeup: Pretty Hair Salon

Best of luck planning! 
  • Good Luck! Since there is a lack of sun here in Pittsburgh, I know of an AWESOME airbrush tanning salon that does salon based airbrushes, and also does mobile airbrush parties where they specialize in bridal/bachelorette bronzing parties which are so much fun! The best part about it is the system they use is HEATED, so it's spa-like, and doesn't make you cold at all, it actually warms you up! It's called Tan Me | Upscale Airbrush Tanning and the # is 412 406 7799.

Have fun!
  • Are you still looking for a photographer? My roommate from high school does wedding and she is doing mine:)

http://www.photosbyalisha.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards