May 2012 Weddings

Anyone have a lot of no shows?

We had at least 12 no shows.  4 of them I am particularly pissed about because we invited the couple, then they wrote in their 2 kids, we allowed it to keep the peace, and they don't show anyway!  Another no show was my sister and her husband.  She never comes to my stuff when I flew down for her wedding and baby shower, always go to her kids bday parties, etc.  I kind of blew up at her.  But my favorite was one of DH's friends who asked if we could reserve a spot for her guest "just in case".  DH said lets just reserve it, and surprise, she was a no show as well!    Other people I competely understand why they couldn't make it.

I am trying to focus on who came, but it really chaps my ass we paid for these people that didn't show and really have no reason.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a lot of no shows?

• We had about 25 no call/ no shows. We were very ticked off about it too as these folks were close friends and family that decided not to come at the last minute.
  • I've heard there will be a lot of no shows like that so I actually submitted a final guest count about 8 people less than what RSVPed.  I'm crossing my fingers we get at least 8 no shows.  I've already had 2 call and say they can't make it anymore.
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • We had maybe about 10 to 15 not show up. 

My favorite was C&J. We sent the STD to C&J, but MIL only included C in the address she gave me- So I figured J was out of the picture. So I corrected for the invite, just putting C's name on it. When they didn't rsvp, we heard from another family member that C wouldn't want to come without his family. Whaaat??? I had only heard that there may or may not be a wife- Not a whole family. So DH wrote them an email, I mailed them a very nice note the next day, saying that our wires had gotten crossed somewhere, and of COURSE we wanted C AND J AND their 3 kids to come. 

They rsvp'd that they were coming, and then no one showed with no explanation before or after. W. T. F.
  • I had no shows that I couldn't believe they didn't come. They are supposedly VERY close friends of mine and it really really hurt that they didn't come. But that just shows me where my friendship to them stands. I have not talked to them at all since. They never even sent me a text or call saying congrats. Told me they were coming for sure and then just didn't show up. I try not to dwell on it, but its hard. I have to just be so appreciative for the true friends and family that came and stayed to celebrate with us. My advice, be prepared for some kind of disappointment. I know that sounds harsh. But I still cant believe some of my friends didnt show up to my wedding. 
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • We actually didn't have any no-shows!  I'm actually surprised that some of you have had so many, it just seems so odd.  So sorry to hear that people can be that rude and just not show up without warning.  One of my friends did cancel at the last minute because her baby got chicken pox, but we knew a few days before so I wouldn't consider that a no-show.  We were able to fill the seats with someone from work who was only planning on coming for the ceremony, so it worked out!
    Anniversary
  • We habout 8 no shows but in the end I didn't really care. We still had a great time with all of our  family and friends that did show up. 
    image 204 Invited
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 56 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I wish I had listened to the 10% rule.  People say to expect that many to be a no-show, but I didn't think any of our guests would.  The fact that some of them were DH's good friends definitely hurt.  The worst part though was - since we had assigned seats for dinner - we actually had one guy sitting at a table all alone.  Awesome.

But I agree with PPs.  We definitely appreciate those who were there and loved celebrating with them.
  • We were expecting 118 and about 6 did not show.
    Anniversary
  • yep -- we had about 10 people be MIA. I'm kind of p!ssed too...
    Anniversary
  • Everyone that RSVPed yes showed up to our wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We had several no show as well.  DH had a few friends that we have yet to hear from, and I had a co-worker who just didn't come and gave some lame excuse after that was absolutely not true (I know because other people I work with told me she talked about not coming for a few weeks before the wedding but she told me it was a "last minute family emergency" that kept her away).  At first I was ticked but, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.  The money was already spent and the seating arrangements set.  We just focused on those who did come and shared in our day and now know that some friendships are not what we thought.

The other thing that truly surprised me is that people come to a wedding and don't even bring a darn card!!  Really?  I mean, we didn't want a gift but, the cards were something that I was looking forward to as keepsakes (I am big on cards).  Just baffles me that people don't think something as small as that is a gesture that goes a long way.    
  • We had four, but two were understandable.  FI's friend called us a few days before as she had gotten pneumonia- totally reasonable.  My cousin's husband couldn't come last minute because their babysitter canceled.  Again, we weren't angry and understood. 
    So, the only true no-shows were my old boss and his wife.  No explanation, and they haven't reached out since.  Totally hurt, and honestly I think no-showing for a wedding is one of the ultimate forms of selfishness.  I don't plan on socializing with him ever again. (I guess I am a little bitter.)Laughing
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    OMG...I was so shocked.. we had people asking to be invited..and when we sent the invites..they rsvp'd "yes"...we spoke with people the day before the wedding that vowed they wouldnt miss it for the world...we had at least @80-90 people that were no shows...I was floored!!!! I totalled overspent on linen..runners..chair covers..and FOOD!! I had a co-worker that got married on the same day and time..guess most mutual friends and co-workers chose to go to the other wedding..sucks though..I wish they wouldve been more honest..I wouldve respected them more..we enjoyed with our family and friends that chose to celebrate with us though!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-have-a-lot-of-no-shows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:103f2e26-ec1d-4fc6-8511-935f9447a5f4Post:8360a2d8-4863-49de-a403-8c330a8b91af">Re: Anyone have a lot of no shows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I had listened to the 10% rule.  People say to expect that many to be a no-show, but I didn't think any of our guests would.  The fact that some of them were DH's good friends definitely hurt.  The worst part though was - since we had assigned seats for dinner - <strong>we actually had one guy sitting at a table all alone</strong>.  Awesome. But I agree with PPs.  We definitely appreciate those who were there and loved celebrating with them.
    Posted by marceedee[/QUOTE]

This too! I had a table that had two people at it because the rest of that table was no shows. I was SO pissed and pretty embarrassed honestly.
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • We had 18 people RSVP yes and not show up.  No calls of explanation…nothing.  Kinda disappointed at the waste of money ($98 each), but over it.  :) 

I wish I had listened to the 10% rule too!

• We had about 30 no call no show. A few of them family which I will see this weekend. They will get the cold shoulder! It's funnier when the people who ask for extra seats don't show. They made a big deal about it then didn't come-jerks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards