Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Need Help - Where to take pictures in Washington, PA?

I need your ladies' help!
Does anyone know where we can take pictures after our ceremony in Washington PA? We are getting married by the W&J campus, but our reception is in Moon Twp. So I don't want to have to drive really far for pictures in between ceremony and reception.. Any suggestions?

Re: Need Help - Where to take pictures in Washington, PA?

• edited December 2011
    I assume you'd be taking 79 out to Moon so there are several places to stop on the way to the reception and you wouldn't really be wasting time since you're heading that way anyway.  The waterfall that is by the business park on Campbells' Run Road is a popular photo site (you have to get permission, though).  You might also be able to find some nice spots at Settler's Cabin park.

We did our e-pics at Mingo Creek Park near Washington, but that is pretty far from W & J.  Is there an area on campus that is suitable for photos? 

HTH a bit...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you take your photos on W&J campus. On the front main lawn...even the main hall of the campus. This is what my sister did and they came out stunning. Then you won't have to go anywhere. 
  • lac5063lac5063 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_need-pictures-washington-pa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:1af2b5bc-4062-4254-8bec-1ec1104a9b08Post:8279795e-9d85-448a-8bdd-897cfef4c855">Re: Need Help - Where to take pictures in Washington, PA?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you take your photos on W&J campus. On the front main lawn...even the main hall of the campus. This is what my sister did and they came out stunning. Then you won't have to go anywhere. 
    Posted by kristenrmu22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This. My sister did this as well, and her pictures are awesome. The colonial buildings with all the brick will make the perfect backdrop!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's!  W&J is a beautiful campus!  Here are some great examples:

http://silverlightstudios.com/blog/?p=602
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • smcvay20smcvay20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Ladies so much! I was thinking of just going to W&J, but have never seen any photos taken there so I wasn't sure of where exactly to go.. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_need-pictures-washington-pa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:1af2b5bc-4062-4254-8bec-1ec1104a9b08Post:0daf2dc8-ffec-472a-8cff-56fd9baf4f65">Re: Need Help - Where to take pictures in Washington, PA?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I assume you'd be taking 79 out to Moon so there are several places to stop on the way to the reception and you wouldn't really be wasting time since you're heading that way anyway.  The waterfall that is by the business park on Campbells' Run Road is a popular photo site (you have to get permission, though).  You might also be able to find some nice spots at Settler's Cabin park. We did our e-pics at Mingo Creek Park near Washington, but that is pretty far from W & J.  Is there an area on campus that is suitable for photos?  HTH a bit...
    Posted by InkedMegs[/QUOTE]

Good Afternoon,
    I would like to take wedding pictures by the waterfall on campbell's run road. Do you know who I have to get premission from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards