May 2012 Weddings
Options

Rehearsal ---- no officiant!?!?!?

so my wedding is in 5 days.

i was informed today that my Catholic priest "does not attend rehearsals" (finish that sentence with ....because he doesn't give a sh*t about you.)

Being that we are unfamiliar with him, I was really hoping he'd at least show up to the rehearsal to introduce himself to the Bridal Party and familiy.

unbelievable.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal ---- no officiant!?!?!?

• Options
    Strange, my experience (for my wedding and friends weddings) has been that the officiant is usually the one who DOES want a rehersal because they dont want to waste time with people who dont know what they are doing the day of. We were not going to do a rehersal but our officiant convived us that its absolutly necissary because he doesnt want to have to fill space if people doing know whats going on. I would do a rehersal without him if you have already planned on doing on, the more people who know the exact timing of things the better, especially if the officiant doesnt!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I literally said "so....am i rehearsing...with myself?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're not having our officiant at our rehearsal but we do have a DOC who's running the show. Our officiant charges extra money to attend the rehearsal so we opted to save some cash by not having her there. The rehearsal is used more to practice who walks where and when, not to practice the vows so we didn't see any reason to include our officiant. All she does is stand at the altar and read the ceremony...nothing for her to practice! I don't think you'll have a problem at the rehearsal without your priest. But either you, your MOH, or someone in charge will need to stand up and direct the wedding party through the ceremony.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We didnt have the officiant come to the rehearsal. I ran it myself. Mind you my wedding party was tiny so it ws easy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rehearsal-no-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1ed0f63d-da2e-4ba6-b205-403fa26c6910Post:b070e0ec-7141-4b05-8d00-d572448db828">Re: Rehearsal ---- no officiant!?!?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I literally said "so....am i rehearsing...with myself?"
    Posted by Laurie109[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL</div>
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    we had our last meeting with the officant last thursday, and it was agreed that not neccessary that he attend the rehearsal..didnt think it was unusual..our DOC will be there to make sure were doing everything correctly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rehearsal-no-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1ed0f63d-da2e-4ba6-b205-403fa26c6910Post:bf2aa191-fe20-4e5e-8252-636bfa6523ff">Re: Rehearsal ---- no officiant!?!?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we had our last meeting with the officant last thursday, and it was agreed that not neccessary that he attend the rehearsal..didnt think it was unusual..our DOC will be there to make sure were doing everything correctly
    Posted by joneka[/QUOTE]

Exactly what we are doing! 
  • Options
    our officiant didn't go to our rehearsal the venue corridenator ran it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, but i'm getting married in a catholic church! lol. it's not the same as just the "Ceremony" it's like the whole mass - where do I stand, when do I kneel, etc etc etc. Crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that's crazy! our officiant actually requested one... i would have done one anyways, but it was nice to know he actually wanted to participate!! (and we've only met him once!)
  • Options
    Our officient ran the show at our rehearsal... do you think you could handle everything at the rehearsal?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards