May 2012 Weddings
Options

I though this job was out of my life.. APPARENTLY NOT!!

sooo remember WAY back in February i lost my job cuz some parent and co-workers said crap about me?

well i had to file for unemployment w/e....

THEY WANT A HEARING APPEALING my ability to get unemployment...WTF!!

2 months after the fact? i dont even NEED unemployment now..so take it away..w/e why do i have to go to court?

anyone know anything about this? i know employers can so no to me getting unemployment but ive been getting it for 8 weeks already...so how can they appeal it now? 

Re: I though this job was out of my life.. APPARENTLY NOT!!

• Options
    Be prepared...if you lose the appeal you will likely have to pay back every dime they have given you, no joke. This happened to my fiancee and he owed like 6000!
  • Options
    I think it depends on your state but when they appeal, it may not be to take away your unemployment, its so that their unemployment insurance rate doesn't go up because of the claim against them.

My FBIL didn't show up for work and didn't call in one day, and since he had so many write ups in his file, the company fired him of course.  He then filed unemployment and the company appealed, but he is still getting unemployment.  I don't know if the claim still counts against them or not.  This is in NC.

I always thought unemployment was for people laid off, not fired.  (In your case, I would have filed but in FBIL's case, I don't agree with him getting it since he was let go for misconduct).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Like PP said, you might have to pay it back if you lose the appeal. That happened to a guy I used to work with.
  • Options
    I got unemployment due to being harrassed at work, causing me to become ill.  The complany appied I won they appealed again and went to court they won I appealled and then won again.  I did not have to pay back but could not get unemployment agin for over a year.
  • Options
    My fi was fired from a job a few years ago. The boss said it wa due to different of opinion...but other people liked him so they tried to appeal it but my FI won. in PA they say the employee usually wins cases.
  • Options
    Wow, that is insane! I am so sorry, I am no help, but I will be sending you Knottie Vibes that everything turns out okay.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards