Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Mascara

I am in the market for a new mascara. I am currently using a maybeline waterproof one that looks good when you first put it on, but smudges and is a bear to remove.

I've used Diorshow with good results, but it is a little pricey and I don't feel like trekking to Sephora.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good mascara (waterproof or not) that does not smudge, lasts all day, and is easy to remove?
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: Mascara

• Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently using Clinique masacara. I think it's the high impact one? I dunno, but I really like it. It doesn't flake and though it isn't waterproof, it seems to last well all day. 

I think it's about $17 a tube? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm - not sure exactly what you're looking for in a mascara (lenghting, volumizing, etc.) but I use Cover Girl Volume Exact Mascara (not waterproof) and I love it! I am a big mascara girl and have found this the best for me so far.

I refuse to spend tons of money on makeup counter mascaras at Mac or Estee Lauder (my mom uses Estee Lauder) so I go with the cheap and easy Cover Girl! lol...

http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=volumeexact_mascara

I also use it in Brown Black b/c when I wear black, it's too dark for me... HTH!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Covergirl Professional all-in-one, with the curved brush.  I'm really impressed by its coverage and ability to define each lash.  I also wear blackbrown.

I have found wearing a smudge proof liner is also key to not having dark circles at the end of the day.

Makeup has never been something I spend a lot of money on.  I think the mascara cost about $7.
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Hmm - not sure exactly what you're looking for in a mascara (lenghting, volumizing, etc.) but I use Cover Girl Volume Exact Mascara (not waterproof) and I love it! I am a big mascara girl and have found this the best for me so far. I refuse to spend tons of money on makeup counter mascaras at Mac or Estee Lauder (my mom uses Estee Lauder) so I go with the cheap and easy Cover Girl! lol... <a href="http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=volumeexact_mascara" rel="nofollow">http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=volumeexact_mascara</a> I also use it in Brown Black b/c when I wear black, it's too dark for me... HTH!! :)
    Posted by gmc22[/QUOTE]

I use this too.  I love it.  I don't use the waterproof but as long as I don't play with my eyes too much, I don't have a problem washing this one off completely.  I have had Lasik and really enjoy that it doesn't irritate my eyes.
    Good luck!

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards