May 2012 Weddings
Options

self waxing, question!

ok..soo i was going to get waxed by a professional..but it costs like $150!!! which is crazy....and since FI and I lost our jobs for 2 months....thats not realistic for me to do..
SO i bought an at home waxing kit..
on the box it says i can rip my own skin off... DOES THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

or is it for ppl that are stupid...lol cuz ive never done this...and have NO IDEA...

thanks ladies!!!

Re: self waxing, question!

• Options
    I attempted to do an at home wax one time and chickened out! I placed a small test patch on my leg, like they suggested, but didn't have the balls to rip it off. I am also I gaint weiny so that probably didn't help my cause any :)
    I would imagine that if too much wax is applied and too much force is used to rip the wax off, that one could take skin with it but I highly doubt that would happen... Unless you suddenly turn in to the incredible hulk. I'm sure they just have to put that on their to cover their own tushies 'in the event' that something like that happens. I think you'll be just fine and be sure to keep us updated on how it goes!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    I tried it and I actually bled. I only did a patch and that was enough for me to think it was a bad idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There are some things that should be left to professionals. Waxing is one of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I bought a waxing kit from Sephora...and its still sitting in the package six months later.  I'm too chicken.  Of course, I'm too chicken to get it done professionally too...shaving it is!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_self-waxing-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:23d61cce-be5c-448a-ac1c-358bcf50e5adPost:9f787705-531d-445f-a899-f2630df5ee03">Re: self waxing, question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are some things that should be left to professionals. Waxing is one of them.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well, it's not like you are going to rip of a piece of meat or anything, but if done incorrectly you could take off some more superficial layers of skin.

As an at-home waxer of my eyebrows/lip for many years, sometimes it is normal for pinpoint spots of blood to appear.  I'd be more worried about burning yourself more than ripping skin off - if the stuff is too hot and you apply it, all you can do is wait for it to cool down before you take it off!

I tried waxing my bikini line/happy trail once.  It hurt A LOT more than doing my eyebrows or lip, which didn't really hurt at all, especially once you get used to it.

With your face, you can look in a mirror and do a pretty good job.  If you are talking about DIY Brazilian....I'd either use Nair instead or bite the bullet and pay a professional.  I noticed they have a lot of Groupon/Living Social deals for that sort of stuff, so maybe watch out to see if you could get a deal on it?

If you have no experience in waxing before, I don't think that doing it yourself is a fantastic idea, esp. for your wedding!  Just my 2 cents.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I tried it a couple weeks ago ... lol and I gave up mid wax and made an appt.
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ok...maybe ill ask FI to pay for that as my wedding gift!! haha im doing it for him anyways!! lol  Thanks ladies!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_self-waxing-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:23d61cce-be5c-448a-ac1c-358bcf50e5adPost:9f787705-531d-445f-a899-f2630df5ee03">Re: self waxing, question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are some things that should be left to professionals. Waxing is one of them.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this. I'd be too much of a chicken to do it myself anyway!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards