Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Recently engaged and lots of questions!

Hi Ladies!  My fiance Bill and I got engaged in April.  We have a date set for next June at Lingrow Farm in Leechburg.  We currently live in Washington, DC so I'm trying to really plan things out so that when I come up to Pittsburgh for weekend visits I can go check out various vendors.  A few questions off the top of my head....

We want to have DJ but want to control all of the music - my fiance has an extensive music collection so we will be able to provide the whole playlist.  It would be great to find someone who can move things along and play what we like at a possibly reduced price since they wouldn't have to provide their own music.  Any suggestions/prices?

We were also considering having a band rather than the DJ (obviously we realize the price would be higher).  We would like someone more on the pop side, but that also plays a big variety of music.  Any ideas?

Has anyone gotten a bus to transport guests from the reception to the hotel?  Our guests will probably be staying at a hotel about 20 miles from the reception location so we definitely want to provide transportation.  Any good suggestions for companies/prices?

I think I'll start with those for now.  I can already tell that this message board is going to be a huge help as I plan the big day!!

Thanks ladies and have a great weekend!

Brittany

Re: Recently engaged and lots of questions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Brittany,

Check out Coach for buses... they have very reasonable rates: http://www.coachusa.com/lenzner/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi and welcome!

I've never heard of getting a discount because you made your own playlist.  I'm not actually sure a lot of DJs would really want that.  They'd probably like the freedom to change the music depending on how the dance floor looks.

For transporation, Lenzer and Molly's Trolleys run trolleys for guests, which could be fun.  Tons of the recommended limo companies also have large vehicles for transportation.

For vendor recommendations, go here:  http://sites.google.com/site/pghknotties/vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im not sur either about a DJ being given a playlist at a cheaper rate then normally. But, I have booked my DJ early only because I was able to get 25% off my total  because my wedding is on a Friday and I paid in full. My bill came to just under $500 and that includes a monogram for the dance floor! Im so excited, everyone told me i couldn't find a DJ for that cheap around here but i proved them wrong! lol 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards