May 2012 Weddings
Options

BM vent even though she isn't a BM anymore (long)

So here is some background info:  I have been friends with this girl lets call her Sally since 5th grade. We have been so close that she claims me as her sister. The last two years we haven't been as close with each other because we both went to separate colleges. When I got engaged she automatically told me she was my maid of honor no one else, when I told her that I was not having a maid of honor because I could not bring myself to choose one (it would hurt more feelings than it would help) she got pretty upset. I apologized and left it at that because if I did choose a maid of honor it would be one of my sisters not her.

Three months ago I told all the bridesmaids to go ahead and order their dresses. Well Sally came down one weekend and told me she would buy the dress so we went to David's Bridal, she tried it on and they got all her information but when it came time for her to actually buy the dress she explained that she spent over $200 at MAC so she didn't have any money for the dress that weekend. I didn't worry about it because it was still quite a while till the wedding. Fast forward to two weeks ago, I had been reminding her every so often that she really needed to buy the dress and she assured me she would. Invitations went out and somehow hers got lost in the mail and I did not get returned to me. Well she then sent me a message asking about her invite and I explained that I mailed it and it should be there soon then she proceeded to tell me how me not hand delivering her invite made her feel like a distant relative and she was far more important than that WTF? Then she throws in oh and I called David's Bridal and my dress wont get here in time so I won't be a bridesmaid, well DUH! That's why I told everyone to order three months ago. So I told her that sucked but I still wanted her at the wedding because she is a very important person to me after which she tells me she wont be able to make it to the wedding because she is not in full support of the marriage! So again I left it at that.

Then Last week she texted me and asked what the dress code was. Silly me assumed she meant the bridal shower that was on Saturday so I told her the dress code for that and she sent a rude message back saying "No that's dumb I'm not going to that I meant the wedding and I'm allowed a plus one right?"

I was so shocked and pissed off that I didn't even respond. Seriously I am just so appalled that after she told me she doesn't support my marriage she wants to now bring a date? I didn't really believe that weddings change people but now I am sad to say that I really do see it. 

And that is the end of my sob story now I will get back to doing productive things Smile Thank you ladies for letting me vent to you and sorry this was so long. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: BM vent even though she isn't a BM anymore (long)

• Options
    I'm sorry you have someone like this in your life. I think the fact that she "claimed" the MOH title is very telling about this person. That's an honor and you are ASKED, you don't CLAIM that title.

It almost sounds like she's trying to get a rise out of you for something (not supporting the marriage, saying the shower was dumb, etc).

I think I would try to say something along the lines of "you have not been very supportive at all over the last few months and I don't want someone at my wedding who doesn't support me, my fiance, or our marriage so I'm sorry but you cannot bring a date and unless you are going to be 100% supportive, I'd prefer that you not be there either."

it's mean, yes, but she's not exactly being a true friend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    While most of the things she did are not out of the ordinary for bad BM behavior, the fact that she said she doesn't support your marriage is by far the worst. I would not only kick her out, but uninvite her.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry about that hun. It seems like almost everyone, myself included, is suffering from discovering the kind of people we thought our friends and close family to be is actually not 100% true. It sucks that this is the happiest point in our lives thus far and yet we have to get stabbed at by people we thought supported us. 
  • Options
    People really show their colors at weddings. I'm sorry. It's hard not to get bitter.
  • Options
    Oh my. Tell that B she is NOT WELCOME!! That's completely unacceptable. She has some nerve and balls to say those things to you. Sorry you're dealing with this crap :(
  • Options
    cssme13cssme13 member
    First Comment
    Thank you for the support ladies. I think I am just so hurt because she was supposed to be my best friend. But oh well she is not a wedding stress that I need so I have let her know that because we only want people there who support us she is not welcome anymore. I was far nicer than I should have been and FI wanted me to tell her a few choice words but I told him we have to be the bigger people (even if I don't really want to be).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards