Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Update Last Name is Passport

Can anyone tell me how to do this?! I've been to the Post Office and they told me in order to change my last name to my new last name I need to apply for a new book, others have said you don't have to pay to have it changed and they just do it by crossing it out, but I've read online that you have to pay to have it changed and fill out this form....I'm so confused! Please help!

Re: Update Last Name is Passport

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is the link to the state department website.  It is pretty easy to follow.  There is no fee unless you are requesting for it to be expedited.
    Hope this helps.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank You!

I followed the link and it says I have to pay $110 dollars because my passport was issued over a year ago =/

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha...I see that now. They will renew your passport when you change your name.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

Poo!! I wish it were free!! Oh well! Thank you again for your help!

• ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you do have to pay. I had to do the same thing. Totally sucks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tmzangtmzang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told that you don't have to pay to have it changed.  You have to fill out another paper from the post office and show them your copy of your marriage liscense, and they will send away your old passport. That's what the man at the post office told me when I applied for my passport.
  • bgfst1bgfst1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told you have to pay and get a new passport.... :(
    edited December 2011
    After much research and filling out forms you have to pay $110 to get an updated one...booo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards