May 2012 Weddings
Options

Choked...

Just got off the phone with the guy who runs the hall we are having the reception at and he said NO WAX CRAYONS! I know its not a super big deal but I made all the kids little packages, with crayons that I melted and made shaped likea heart and coloring books  and goodies... :( just needed to vent thanks for listening.
Anniversary

Re: Choked...

• Options
    That sucks! After all that work!! At least you can send them home with them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Aw, that stinks : (

When they say stuff like that I always wonder what sort of catastrophe they had to deal with that involved wax crayons that was bad enough to get them banned...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_choked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:31352905-5598-45b4-bb7a-4c539aadc4c4Post:db914d38-f447-4b1d-a3cc-c567aa07c994">Re: Choked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, that stinks : ( <strong>When they say stuff like that I always wonder what sort of catastrophe they had to deal with that involved wax crayons that was bad enough to get them banned...</strong>
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

<div>This made me laugh because my first reaction was who bans wax crayons?! </div>
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yeah I know... thanks ladies. I know it's silly and miniscule but I was pretty bummed. Got to go get pencil crayons now. Thanks for listening! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a bummer - I'd still send them home with the kids!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options
    Aw no, that is a weird thing to say 'no' to.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_choked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:31352905-5598-45b4-bb7a-4c539aadc4c4Post:ca51c0a1-4059-4c7d-9a99-eacef0b54d1a">Re: Choked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Choked... : This made me laugh because my first reaction was <strong>who bans wax crayons?! </strong>
    Posted by bpphoto785[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly lol.... maybe they get stuck to the dance floor or something *just a thought* Haven't even thought of asking my venue, makes me wanna call them and find out
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    oh man, that sucks!  i feel like i should call my venue too!

i like what pp suggested, and just send them home with the kids.  i'm sure their parents will appreciate anything to entertain the kids.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_choked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:31352905-5598-45b4-bb7a-4c539aadc4c4Post:12766112-5665-4677-857c-de5035433568">Re: Choked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Choked... : My thoughts exactly lol.... maybe they get stuck to the dance floor or something *just a thought* Haven't even thought of asking my venue, makes me wanna call them and find out
    Posted by ChocolateFlav17[/QUOTE]

LOL that would be interesting....But if you are planning on using them calling and asking might garuntee a NO while not asking and pleading ignorance you might be allowed to use them....we are definatly having crayons (and felt markers...and I wanted paint, but decided that one might be too messy), and after this thread I will definatly NOT be telling my venue unless they ask!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards