May 2012 Weddings
Options

Flowers at the Ceremony?

Are you ladies having flowers at your ceremony site? I'm not really sure what to have there or how to do it since we're doing all DIY from costco. What are you guys doing?

Re: Flowers at the Ceremony?

• Options
    The chapel where we are getting married has a waist high ledge, with a break in the center for the aisle (which is where we will be standing).  Our florist is making us 2 larger floral centerpieces to go on either side of the ledge.  Besides this, the only other real flowers will be the bouquets/corsages/bouts.

We'ew decorating the rest of the chapel with small lanterns with LED lights tied to the pews with ribbons, and then I have 20 tall, thin vases we are going to put floating candles in scattered around the chapel.  It's a 100 year old chapel, so it's pretty ornate in itself.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're just having two tall bamboo and orchid arrangments to designate the "altar." (The ceremony is at the same place as the reception ... a large open brick room.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We're DIYing Costco flowers, too. I'm not planning on having any flowers at the ceremony other than bouquets/ bouts, but ours is going to be outside in an orchard so I  kind of feel like flower arrangements might be overkill, you know?
  • Options
    We won't have any flowers other than bouquets and bouts since we will be outside. I am doing starfish aisle markers and will hang ribbons on the posts of the gazebo. We have an incredible view, so I don't want to take away from it.
  • Options
    We are having flowers that look similar to these:

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    probably no flowers since we will be outside and people will only be in there ceremony area for 20ish minutes. 

Do you have an inside or outside ceremony?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We're outside on a beautiful green golf course so we are letting the scenery pretty much speak for itself, the only thing we're adding is scattered pink rose petals down the aisle.
  • Options

We are having white and light pink flowers on the aisle chairs (one every other row) in little hanging vases.  We are having our initials in white rose petals at the alter.  We are having two tall standing arrangements at the start of the aisle and two shorter similar ones at the end of the aisle (close to the alter).  We are having a "half chuppah" with flowers on the ties holding the draping.  And then the bouquets and bouts and the petals my nieces drop along the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards