Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Tell me how your Turkey Day went

Hope everyone had a good weekend?? Any funny stories from turkey day? Or shopping conquests??

We had fun having dinner with friends.  And I got to talk to my family so that was nice, but I did miss being with them.  FI and I went shopping on black friday, but later in the day. Got him 50% off an Xbox game, and found suits for the wedding (Alfani Red Gray Slim Fit, thanks for the recco's!) Just need him and the groomsemen to actually buy them.  Its been 60s and sunny up here, so we went bike riding too.

Re: Tell me how your Turkey Day went

• edited December 2011
    We did 5 Emergency Open Hearts over the holiday including one during the day and another overnight on Thanksgiving. I am exhausted and still on call until Wednesday. Oh my.... on my 8th day working in a row... Ready for a break!

My FI did do some Black Friday shopping for me, which was really sweet. I got new running shoes, and an electric salt and pepper mill and an electronic wine opener. Love him.

On a wedding note, we have gotten so many compliments on our Save The Dates! I got really nervous last night - just realizing how big of an event it is - when I found out my parents good friends from Scotland will be coming to the states for the wedding! It's exciting, but just makes me a bit nervous about my plans - I really want the day to be nice for our guests.

Well Happy Monday everyone!

MD - Congrats on the suits check!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MD-I love the suits! We're looking at something similar. I still think we're planning the same wedding.

L-Five open hearts sounds like a certain kind of hell.

We went to see FI's family for Thanksgiving. We had a good time and got to see all of his cousins from out of town.

Friday, we went shopping. Hit up Joann's and Old Navy. My mom got me a Cricut crazy on sale at Pat Catan's for $120. We also bought a ton of wine for the wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

MD- Awesome suit choice! that's what my guys are wearing. My FI is wearing a vest though, the groomsmen are not. The Vest is hard to find if you opt for it. I think we found it at Monroeville Mall. If your interested!

FI and I tackled Black Friday like champs, we literally got everything we wanted. Totally awesome, however, totally expensive! haha

Thanksgiving was great, spent it with both families.

We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards