May 2012 Weddings
Options

Planning to send my invites today, but I have a question first!

Do I need to actually take them into the post office to mail them or can I just slip them in that blue thing outside the post office? The reason I'm asking is because I probably won't get finished babysitting until after the post office closes. Do I need to go inside for any particular reason (do they need to check anything)? Help! TIA :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Planning to send my invites today, but I have a question first!

• Options
    I went into the post office to double check postage before I put the stamps on. But when I went back to mail them I just dropped them into the blue thing outside.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    As long as you had them weigh one complete invite and you've affixed the correct postage, you can just drop them in the box.  That's what I did, anyway. :)  The only reason you'd have to bring them inside is if you want someone to hand-cancel each invite.  (I have heard that any invites going out of state have to go through the machine anyway, so this is kind of pointless IMHO.)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, looks like I'm safe just dropping them inside the blue thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_planning-to-send-my-invites-today-but-i-have-a-question-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:3d27ebe7-148e-4697-a0f6-3f322179e04bPost:8b17fe1d-aff2-4b70-a970-d1c245f7188a">Re: Planning to send my invites today, but I have a question first!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went into the post office to double check postage before I put the stamps on. But when I went back to mail them I just dropped them into the blue thing outside.
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

ditto!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_planning-to-send-my-invites-today-but-i-have-a-question-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:3d27ebe7-148e-4697-a0f6-3f322179e04bPost:8b17fe1d-aff2-4b70-a970-d1c245f7188a">Re: Planning to send my invites today, but I have a question first!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went into the post office to double check postage before I put the stamps on. But when I went back to mail them I just dropped them into the blue thing outside.
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

me too!
  • Options
    I had them weigh mine to make sure I had enough (I didn't, but that's another story) and after I added the postage I just left the box with them.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards