Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

**mdphd**

I love that we're date AND location twins :)  Now I have someone to keep me on track and to worry about the weather with, haha!  :)  (luckily we have an indoor wedding!)  What made you choose April 14?

Re: **mdphd**

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :) we can take over the April 2012 board together!  Our weddings are both in the Oakland/Sq Hill area too, so maybe our guests will be staying in the same hotels.

I wanted April 28th because that's our dating anniversary, but that's Pitt Graduation.  And April 21 is CMU carnival and our 5 yr CMU reunion, so April 14th it was! (April 7 is easter)  We're just pretending that that's our dating anni now too, so we can celebrate everything at once.

How about you? And how is planning coming?
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, are "dating" started in April too!  

We actually wanted an October 2011 wedding, but that was a little too soon for us (we needed more time since we're planning from DC- aren't you here too??).  My FI was interning at the time and weren't too sure when it was going to turn into a fulltime job (which it JUST did!) so we decided to extend it a few months to save more money (but didn't want a winter wedding), so April was next!  I wanted the 21st but Soldiers and Sailors was booked.. but I'm glad to know that is CMU's carnival, and we definitely didn't want to do it during a graduation day.  And I'm Catholic so Easter is out... so yep, April 14th was it!  Sure, we could have waited until May, but we already had to push it back a few months.. hehe.

I believe our guests will be staying at the Holiday Inn University Center (which reminds me I should book rooms now!).  Where's your reception??

So far, I have the church and venue booked, our photogs narrowed down (hopefully securing that within the week), we're meeting with a DJ in early May, our caterer picked out, and the bridesmaids dresses chosen.  I still can't find a dress- it was stressing me out so I took a mini-break from dress shopping, haha.

How are things going for you?
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding's at the Pittsburgh Golf Club... between oakland and sq hill.  

Planning's good!  No clue on hotels yet...but we have the officiant/dj/photog and my dress.  Catering/cake is in house, thank god, so I don't have to find yet another vendor.  I'm working on the florist, kinda.  not stressing too much about it.  I hope you find a dress that you like soon!  But don't let it stress you out, it should be a fun part of the planning :)

And I live in Boston, but FI is in DC, so all the extra planning time has been fabulous.

Make sure to post back here w/ progress and dresses, people here were so helpful giving me opinions on dresses and such in the end :)
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely will!  I've been trying on dresses that I like, but I'm not getting that "wow" factor just yet.  I just get up on the little podium thing and say "it's cute" or "we can put it on the list"  haha.  I'm very confused about what styles I like and what styles are best for me.  There are a few online that I have had my eye on from a designer I love.. just gotta get to the store to try it on.  The store is about 40 mins from where I am.. however, my mom insists on being there when I try on dresses so I need to wait for her to come down for a visit, lol.

And the Pittsburgh Golf Club is beautiful!!  Maybe we'll see eachother on the streets of Oakland with our photographers!  Do you know where you'd like to get your pictures taken?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards