May 2012 Weddings
Options

iPod music

Since our reception is at a restaurant in their banquet room, we're allowed to bring an ipod and hook it up to their system. My question is... how should I do this? Anyone I trust using it is already in the wedding party. Do we/should we do the traditional entrance, cake cutting, etc?

Re: iPod music

• Options
    We're using an iPod since we're doing a DW and taking our music with us to Sandals. We made playlists and named songs in itunes so that when we look at our iPod it's all organized and in order
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you can download apps on iPods, but I have an iPhone and bought an app called Wedding DJ, and you can organize all of your songs (pre-ceremony, processionals, recessionals, first dance, reception music, etc) and the Wedding DJ will play them all according to the lists AND it fades in and out of songs like a DJ would.  I'm impressed with it so far and we're excited to have found it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    108 image Invited to celebrate!
    65 image Will be attending
    38 image Won't be having any fun
    5 image Can't Find their mailbox

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_ipod-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4073bf47-3a1c-4b3f-9ce6-388c090a2f9bPost:d77e961d-5787-423b-b676-a9609a7e016f">Re: iPod music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if you can download apps on iPods, but I have an iPhone and bought an <strong>app called Wedding DJ, and you can organize all of your songs (pre-ceremony, processionals, recessionals, first dance, reception music, etc) and the Wedding DJ will play them all according to the lists AND it fades in and out of songs like a DJ would. </strong> I'm impressed with it so far and we're excited to have found it.
    Posted by ladyj2480[/QUOTE]

That's cool
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ladyj that's awesome! Thanks for sharing! We are using an iPod for the outdoor ceremony music and this will be very helpful.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_ipod-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4073bf47-3a1c-4b3f-9ce6-388c090a2f9bPost:b293f7d1-75b5-4066-bb0b-773a836a98e5">Re: iPod music</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using an iPod since we're doing a DW and taking our music with us to Sandals. We made playlists and named songs in itunes so that when we look at our iPod it's all organized and in order
    Posted by klw0022[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I would do.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are putting a friend whos interested (and offered to help), in charge of the ipod. SO we will give him a list of when and where songs go but will also have the playlist already set up...he does do his own mixing and stuff anyways, so he has offered to make a playlist with fades and stuff so that it will show up as a continuous track, but we'll see, time is running short.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    You can get apps on my iPod cause I have the touch. I'll have to check into that app. Thanks!
  • Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, but we're going with it. My FI is a little tech challenged and keeps telling me we need to burn a CD. I prefer the ipod cause you can see the screen and make sure it's the right song. We thankfully have a friend that runs sound and he volunteered to push the buttons for us. LOL
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards