May 2012 Weddings
Options

Room Decor Help!!!

So...I'm having a "decoration" dilemma...

I never really gave much thought to the table linens, but after seeing my chooses when meeting with my venue, I realized I really want to have some more color in the room. 

My palette is teal (dark teal BM dresses) with a coral accent. All the flowers are coral with a hint of white.  

The reception room is very beige/tan. We are doing dark brown/chocolate chivari chairs with ivory seat cushions. I really fell in love with an iridescent teal linen, and want to use a square topper on the ballet lenth ivory tablecloths. Now...the issue is...my siser does NOT like the teal fabric. It's an iridescent fabric, so it's a combo of teal and black string. She thinks it's too dark, and will look black in the room. I, on the other hand, think it looks elegant, and will really make the coral centerpieces pop. It's kind of expensive to get the toppers, so I'm in a bind. I need opinions! Do you think it will look good? I could just do a runner, but I think it looks strange on the round tables... Help!!!

I included pictures of our reception room, and a link to the picture of the linens I like. (Sorry, but knot won't let me upload a picture. Here's a link, but the pics don't really do the room justice).

A picture of the linen color:
http://www.brightsettings.com/table-linen-rental/Iridescent-Crush-P26A-C95-C772.html#95

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards