Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Priests Willing to Marry in a Different church?

Hi Everyone,

I grew up Catholic and my fiance and I are hoping to get married at Sacred Heart Parish in Shadyside, however their Priests will not marry you there unless you are member, however you are able to bring in your own "guest Priest".  The Priest I grew up with is long gone, does anyone know of any priests that are willing to marry you at another catholic church?

In addition, my fiance is not Catholic and therefore we are hoping to not do a full mass.  So we are looking for a more liberal Priest that is willing to not do the full sermon or communion to the entire congregation.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Priests Willing to Marry in a Different church?

• Options
    Hello!  I would look into the priests at the Pittsburgh Oratory, or look into St. Joseph's Church in Coraopolis. The priest at St Joseph's who runs the pre cana is really nice and might be able to help you out or at least recommend something.  Side note, I would also recommend their pre cana class, since you have to do it anyway its nice that its just done in one day. 

Also, since your fiance isnt catholic it's more likely that you wouldnt, or even couldn't, have the full mass and only have the ceremony.  it depends on the church/priest.  It also depends on if your fiance is baptized in another faith or if he isnt baptized at all. there are lots of rules depending on each situation.  check out this website, i found it very helpful:

http://www.catholicweddinghelp.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of those suggestions, they are hopefully going to be very helpful!
  • Options
    You might want to check out www.rentapriest.com. I haven't used them, but heard good reviews about Father Bill Podobinski. He's also listed on the Knot under Officiants.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My friend used Rev. Larry Goyda and I thought he did a good job with the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards