May 2012 Weddings
Options

Dinner Music

I am working on our dinner music list and looking for some ideas. So many different ideas floating around the internet. What type of music are you playing? 

Re: Dinner Music

• Options
    this is currently what I have, a little different than most dinner music. Our reception music really reflects are guests and fiance's music tases. Dinner is more my bridesmaids and myself and what we love :)

Lana Del Rey- Radio

Grizzly Bear- Two Weeks

Florence + The Machine- Shake it Out

Mat Kearney- Hey Mama

Goyte- Somebody that I used to know

Mumford & Sons- After the storm

Mumford & Sons- Roll away your stone

Mat Kearney- Closer to love

Dave Matthews- You & Me

• Options
    We didn't give our DJ specific songs, but we are going with a mix of stuff like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel and Elton John. We kind of left it up to them but it will be interesting to see what they come up with!

Another idea that I've heard of that we almost did is to play stuff by Vitamin String Quartet.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    I can't remember all the songs we chose, and I don't have the list with me at work. But I know we had quite a few Jason Mraz and Colbie Cailatt songs.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Ours is similar to your list...and we asked to throw Some tradition stuff in for the older crowd.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_dinner-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:48c9081b-e72b-439c-80dc-958adc879db6Post:261486ce-1879-4f6b-be3d-c2d34a2bffaa">Re: Dinner Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't remember all the songs we chose, and I don't have the list with me at work. But I know we had quite a few Jason Mraz and Colbie Cailatt songs.
    Posted by Mona8[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>ooo Jason, def. gotta add some!</div>
  • Options
    We had a two hour playlist of vitamin string quartet covers for social hour and dinner.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Our DJ gave us a genre selection, and we chose a combo of Michael Buble style music and Frank Sinatra style music. He simplified it for us by giving artist names haha
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure we told the DJ this (lol). We'll probably do a mix of jazz and R&B.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have no idea what our DJ played during dinner haha!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards