May 2012 Weddings
Options

Eyebrows

So I have an appointment today to get my eyebrows waxed. I have never had them done before just always plucked. I am so nervous about it and my mom says if I can handle my tattoo then this should be fine. I'm such a huge chicken!

How bad does it really hurt?

Re: Eyebrows

• Options
    For a second it hurts. It might be a little red and puffy, but it will go away. You can put some ice on them to calm it down. See if they have a cold wax. Hurts less and redness and puffiness. But, you'll be fine if you have tats :)
  • Options
    Doesn't hurt at all.  In fact, I actually enjoy it.  The only thing that I have found that can be bothersome is if the lights are super bright and you are looking right into them, then your eyes will water.  But this is normal. 

I have been getting mine done for a long time and my recommendation is to go to a waxing salon not a nail or hair place.  I am VERY particular of how my brows need to be done (not too thin or shaped) and I have bad experiences with hair and nail salons.  My sister is a cosmetologist and works in a nice salon and even said she wouldn't let half of the ladies in their do her waxing. 

I go to European Wax Center.  They are great.  Will be doing a Tahitian, brows, lip and underarm for the wedding and honeymoon.  I'm only nervous about the underarm....bc I have never done that area before.  ;)

Good luck, you will be fine and HAIR FREE!!!
  • Options
    It only hurts for second, when they rip off the strip...but that's it... you can ask them to blow the wax for a sec before they put it on your skin, so it doesnt burn too much and won't be too red afterwards... if you have sensitive skin, also ask them to wipe your brows off with alcohol.
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    i'm weird....i LOVE getting my eyebrows waxed. I think it's a lot less painful than plucking and it goes pretty quick.
  • Options
    O its a quick burn and its done! LOL if you've had a tattoo then this will be nothing ;) when they first put the wax on its hot so be prepared for that.. You'll be fine
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    Has anyone tried epilating?
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    You will be fine! You are going to tear up a little since it's your first time, but it's really not that bad. Trust me, the tattoo was a lot worse! 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yea, it's a tiny momentary pain that you won't even remember. One, two, yank and you're done! If you can handle a tattoo, you've way more than got this. 
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    I do threading instead and love it. I breakout horribly with waxing for some reason.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you pluck regularly, you'll be fine.  Strangely, I enjoy getting my eyebrows done.  Maybe it's just the mental satisfiscation of 1) knowing I no longer look like a sasquatch and 2) knowing that each one of those strips has about 100 hairs I won't have to find/pluck!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_eyebrows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4b09dff0-5c3f-40c7-a8ec-f146dc55141dPost:d6e13a1b-6552-4979-95cf-b0fd0110c8a5">Re: Eyebrows</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you pluck regularly, you'll be fine.  <strong>Strangely, I enjoy getting my eyebrows done.  Maybe it's just the mental satisfiscation of 1) knowing I no longer look like a sasquatch and 2) knowing that each one of those strips has about 100 hairs I won't have to find/pluck!
    </strong>Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel too! It's really not that bad. I'm sure your tattoo hurt worse than getting your eyebrows waxed. I was really nervous my first time too. :)
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards