May 2012 Weddings
Options

AW: The Dress!

I bought THE dress today!!! :)

Sadly though, this was not the first dress I purchased.  We went shopping about two weeks ago at Alfred Angelo and I found a dress I thought I liked well enough ("well enough" should have been my first clue).  I tried on several dresses but it was the only one that looked good on me at all, so I bought it.  It was big, puffy, and had some beadwork.  Over the last two weeks, I began to have the nagging feeling that I was making a mistake, but told myself to chill out about it and move on.  Today I was home on my day off and was going through my wedding bookmarks on Firefox and a long time ago I had bookmarked a dress from Alfred Angelo that I LOVED.  The thing is, I completely forgot about it and never tried it on!  So I called up Alfred Angelo and talked to the assistant manager and explained my situation, that I didn't think I chose the right dress and that I never tried on the dress I went to look for in the first place.  I drove in right after the call and tried on the dress...and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I was so, so excited. :)  Called my mom to come look at it as well and she loved it too.  I tried on the first dress just to compare but there was no comparison at all. 

So, the lovely ladies at Alfred Angelo cancelled my original order and applied the deposit to this order. They even gave me the promotion that doesn't begin for two weeks! The only thing I'm not excited about is the price -- its what I budgeted for the dress and alternations.  However, I don't think this dress will need much in alternations, so I'll cross my fingers!

Clicky

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AW: The Dress!

• Options
    Very pretty dress. I am glad everything worked out for you! Now stop looking at dresses!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aw-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:50cbdcad-09fc-4eea-96a9-ee8ab095ab7ePost:c76ba5b4-8ebd-45ac-a16c-d96e98b73396">Re: AW: The Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very pretty dress. I am glad everything worked out for you! Now stop looking at dresses!
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

LOL :)  Trust me, I wasn't intentionally looking!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm glad you got the dress you loved. Congrats!! :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    simply gorgeous!!!!
  • Options
    Very nice.  I tried on that dress when I was with my mom and it looks so much better on you!  I absolutely love the ruching on the sides, it makes everyone look so much skinnier!
  • Options
    Very Pretty!!!
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haha, I agree, stop looking now!  I like your choice, though, it's really pretty :)
  • Options
    The dress is very pretty. It really does look good on you. Congrats and that was great they let you switch it.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that's awesome they let you change dresses so easily! congrats on finding "the one"!!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wow awesome that worked out for you! beautiful dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards