May 2012 Weddings
Options

card box ideas..

Ok so I think I am just about the most UNCRAFTY person in the world as I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I am looking for interesing card box ideas for a beach theme wedding. I have seen the lobster and crab traps and I think those are cute, but I was maybe looking for something a little more "out there" creativity wise... Any thoughts???

Re: card box ideas..

• Options

What about making a tiki hut? Not really sure how you could do that lol but just an idea. Also you could do like a small suitcase and decorate it with starfish and beachy items. But I do like the crab trap idea. 

• Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_card-box-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a3154e4-bdca-4a0d-8836-01ba1b15a803Post:6e12473a-4266-4913-8537-17b92665c1de">Re: card box ideas..</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about making a tiki hut? Not really sure how you could do that lol but just an idea. Also you could do like a small suitcase and decorate it with starfish and beachy items. But I do like the crab trap idea. 
    Posted by mancila60[/QUOTE]

What a cute idea!!  Not sure how to pull that one off either... but I will search like heck on the internet!
  • Options
    I'm having a mailbox painted with a lighthouse/shore scene. I did see those on etsy but I am having my SIL paint one for me.
  • Options
    What about an "aquarium" - you could do a clear glass or plastic box, with a smaller one inside and then fill the spot gap inbetween with sand and blue water to make it look like the whole box is full, but the middle part would be open and dry for cards to go in. And you could spell out cards on the inside of the glass using beachy themed stuff - like the C could be a crab claw, the S could be a seahorse, one of the other letters could be made out of seaweed, seashells, etc.

Not sure where you'd get the glass/plastic boxes, but maybe even just using a few cheap fish tanks. Or you could use large glass vases in 2 different sizes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_card-box-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a3154e4-bdca-4a0d-8836-01ba1b15a803Post:38325836-187b-4077-a8a9-8a7f88bd99a1">Re: card box ideas..</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about an "aquarium" - you could do a clear glass or plastic box, with a smaller one inside and then fill the spot gap inbetween with sand and blue water to make it look like the whole box is full, but the middle part would be open and dry for cards to go in. And you could spell out cards on the inside of the glass using beachy themed stuff - like the C could be a crab claw, the S could be a seahorse, one of the other letters could be made out of seaweed, seashells, etc. Not sure where you'd get the glass/plastic boxes, but maybe even just using a few cheap fish tanks. Or you could use large glass vases in 2 different sizes.
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

LOVE this idea.
  • Options
    spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I know you said you aren't crafty but could you paper mache a beach ball? You could get a 16 inch balloon, blow it up, paper mache it, pop the balloon, then paint it in the various striped colors that a beach has. You could either cut a hole in the top of just not paper mache the top of it for an opening for the cards. I know its different but it might be something to think about :)
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    ACKHillaryPACKHillaryP member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I saw someone make a sandcastle cardbox using cardboard boxes, and paper cups and papertowel tubes and such... they painted the entire thing with that paint that comes out looking like sand.. it is like textured paint. there is probably something similar online! :)
  • Options
    What about a cooler?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_card-box-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a3154e4-bdca-4a0d-8836-01ba1b15a803Post:38325836-187b-4077-a8a9-8a7f88bd99a1">Re: card box ideas..</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about an "aquarium" - you could do a clear glass or plastic box, with a smaller one inside and then fill the spot gap inbetween with sand and blue water to make it look like the whole box is full, but the middle part would be open and dry for cards to go in. And you could spell out cards on the inside of the glass using beachy themed stuff - like the C could be a crab claw, the S could be a seahorse, one of the other letters could be made out of seaweed, seashells, etc. Not sure where you'd get the glass/plastic boxes, but maybe even just using a few cheap fish tanks. Or you could use large glass vases in 2 different sizes.

What an AWESOME idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_card-box-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a3154e4-bdca-4a0d-8836-01ba1b15a803Post:309bf357-7d9d-49af-a63a-195a9097c938">Re: card box ideas..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: card box ideas.. : LOVE this idea.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

me too...do this!!! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You could do like a treasure chest. Either cut a whole in the top of the chest for the cards, or open the treasure chest and fill it wil some goodies, then decorate the outside of the box with som fish net, shells, even some 'gold' coins!
  • Options
    I am so digging the aquarium idea... THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will keep you all posted on what I come up with
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_card-box-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a3154e4-bdca-4a0d-8836-01ba1b15a803Post:38325836-187b-4077-a8a9-8a7f88bd99a1">Re: card box ideas..</a>:

<div>Very clever!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards