May 2012 Weddings
Options

DIY Question

I know this should be simple, but I'm not very crafty.  I'm not a fan of satin FG baskets, so I found this on etsy. Its selling for $48, so buying it on there is a no go.

How do I attach the flower to the basket? And where can I find the bling to put in the middle - should Joann have something?
Anniversary

Re: DIY Question

• Options
    What if you attach the flower to a ribbon and wrap the ribbon around the basket? If the flower has a saftey pin or clip on the back, you should be able to attach it easily then. You could hot glue the "bling" to the center of the flower, or maybe even find a flower with it already there.
    GL!
  • Options
    You can hot glue it on there. And you can find the bling at any craft store.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_diy-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5c5df7da-3322-4580-a5a1-101456be2826Post:8aae47da-3ad3-4342-8c7d-7a5e48cf9edb">Re: DIY Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can hot glue it on there. And you can find the bling at any craft store.
    Posted by mancila60[/QUOTE]

This :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    you could also use floral wire, poke it through the base of the flower.  keep pushing the wire through the base of the flower until you have equal length wire on both sides (it won't take much). then poke the ends of the wire through the side of the basket and wrap it through a few times to make sure it's sturdy. no one will be able to see the wire unless they get up close and personal with the basket, but you can always cover it with ribbon if it'll make you feel better.

the hot glue is the best bet for the gem in the middle.  :)

you can get any of this stuff at michaels, joanns, etc.

i can't believe they're selling things like that for $48!!!  i need to start selling stuff on etsy!
  • Options
    I attached similar flowers to my cardholder birdcages.  I just used a needle and thread to securely attach the flower to the wires - I'd be concerned that if she dropped it or knocked it the wrong way that the hot glue wouldn't hold.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    JoAnn will have the bling for sure. you can attach with hot glue and/or wire too :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok, I think I'll try the floral wire or the needle and thread. That doesn't sound too difficult.

Thank you all for helping me out!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    glue gun! 48$ is crazy....I bet  you could make it for about 10-15 if you watch micheals sales.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards