May 2012 Weddings

Do & Do-Not Play Lists

What songs do you have on yours? So far this is what I've got...

Must Play:
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
- Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money

Do-Not Play:
- Celebration by Kool & The Gang
- We are Family by Sister Sledge
- Hot in Herre by Nelly
- YMCA by The Village People
- The Chicken Dance
- Macarena by Los Del Rio
- Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees
- Love Shack by The B52's

I'm hoping you ladies can give me some more ideas! Thanks :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do & Do-Not Play Lists

• I need major help with this. My FI wants very little hip hop and very little country. So, oldies maybe?

Must Play: Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus, Kersone by Miranda Lambert (for my girls) and Don't Stop Believing and something by Hall and Oates for the boys. Other than that I'm at a loss!

My Do Not Play list is similar to yours, plus Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Ugh... I haven't even begun to think of this yet!! I guess we don't really have much of a "must play" list. Whatever keeps people on the dancefloor!

Our "do not" play list would probably be the same as yours. I'd probably add Meatloaf as well. This website has some other good ones like break up songs I probably wouldn't have thought of:
    http://weddings.about.com/od/weddingmusic/a/donotplaylist.htm
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My lists are very similar but just add "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees to the Do-Play List :-) and some Justin Timberlake. 
  • We are totally playing Meatloaf, my FI does this weird dance to it and it's a hit every time. I hope they can cut the song down by about 3 minutes, though. That is the longest song ever (but so fun, ha!)
  • No Stayin Alive? Whaaa?  :)

Must play:  Hey Ya- Outkast
    The way I are- Timbaland
    Crazy In Love- Beyonce
    That Girl is Poision- Bel Biv Devo (hahahah dont ask! I will have this played later on in the night after everyone is good and toasty lol)

Do not Play:
    Single Lades at Bouquet toss...soooooo over done... Maybe Raining Men?  Cause thats original lol
    Macarana
    conga line dance or whatever

• Must Play:
    Eric Church -love him
    Ice Ice Baby
    I know there is several I can't think of right now

Do Not Play:
    Single Ladies - tired of this song
    mostly hip hop or rap
    no oldies
    Frank Sinatra
    several like OP

• We are doing Contry Girl (Shake it for Me) for the bouquet toss! I love it!
  • We gave our dj a 4 page list of songs we want to be played.

As for the Do-not play list we don't have one. We just want to have a good time. If something like the chichen dance or macarena gets requested we'll have fun with it!
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • There are tons of songs I would love to hear, but it's WAY more important that I don't hear the following:

ANY country song...FI and I can't stand this genre (sorry to those of you who do!)
    Sir Mixalot - Baby Got Back
    anything by Nickelback
    Macarena, Chicken Dance, Hot Hot Hot

I'm sure there are way more, those are just the few I can name off the top of my head, lol
  • candice245candice245 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I really don't have a do-not play list. I don't really dislike any music.
    Must play: Marry me- Train ..love this song :)
  • We are pretty open to most genres so, we have a long list of possible plays.  As for our do nots:
    No Lady GaGa
    No Back Eyed Peas
    No Chicken Dance
    No Macarena
    No Kenny Rogers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_do-do-not-play-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5d75bcc2-d5d3-4289-b929-a8ba78a78be1Post:1ccb3eed-0331-48a1-88c1-b089e99b83b9">Re: Do & Do-Not Play Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]No Stayin Alive? Whaaa?  :) Must play:  Hey Ya- Outkast The way I are- Timbaland Crazy In Love- Beyonce That Girl is Poision- Bel Biv Devo (hahahah dont ask! I will have this played later on in the night after everyone is good and toasty lol) <strong>Do not Play: Single Lades at Bouquet toss...soooooo over done... </strong>Maybe Raining Men?  Cause thats original lol Macarana conga line dance or whatever
    Posted by RivieraBound[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm thinking about doing "I Wanna Dance with Sombody" by Whitney Houston for the bouquet toss.

My list is only the following right now:

Do
    We want a good mix of upbeat oldies, 90s music (the best music genre ever!), hip-hop, <span class="st"><em>some pop, reggaeton</em></span>

Do-not
    Country. None.
    Any rap played needs to be censored. I'd personally prefer no rap at all, but FI likes it.
    Anniversary
  • Haven't worked on it yet, but you guys have some good suggestions =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_do-do-not-play-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5d75bcc2-d5d3-4289-b929-a8ba78a78be1Post:8405f9a2-737b-49ce-b692-09f70f79367f">Re: Do & Do-Not Play Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't worked on it yet, but you guys have some good suggestions =]
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<div>We haven't either, but we will definitely be playing Adele :)</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards