May 2012 Weddings
Options

Registry Stress??

Since a lot of you ladies have already had your shower, I figured now is the best time to ask... 

My bridal shower is in a week, and like everyone else, I've been feverishly stalking my registry multiple times daily.  We have over approximately 115 items between our 2 registries.  Our registry information was available to our guests via our website which was sent out on our save the dates. 

My question is, with my shower 7 days away, is it outrageous that only 3 items have been purchased??  Did you guys find that a lot of people bought you items that weren't on your registries or got you gift cards to the places you registered?  I'm appreciative of anything someone buys for me (obviously!) but I'm just wondering what has happened with your showers and registries.

TIA!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Photobucket

Re: Registry Stress??

• Options
    my shower is 14 days away and 14 things are bought between my two registires (110 items??) and i know for other showers ive been too.. alot is gift cards/ ppl buy alot of the $2 items like spoons, serving utensils, without even looking at your registry...BUT then you can return it all and get what you want.

From FSILs shower...she got stuff that was not on her registry that she LOVED..lol

• Options
    A lot of people wait until the last minute to buy things.  I have been on my way to a shower before and stopped to buy a gift.
    I did get some things at my shower that were not on my registry, but not a ton.  I also got some gift cards.  One friend came without a gift, saying she would send me one later.
    Don't worry, it'll be fabulous. :)
  • Options
    Not really, a lot of people wait last minute like people said.  Not to mention that they might have gone off registry.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yup, PPs said it, people are procrastinators! People who wait till last minute are probably the same people who have yet to RSVP to the wedding, even though you know they are attending!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Mine had just a few bought (I checked b/c I needed to know what kind of suitcase to bring). But some things on the registry that were bought did not show up at the shower and then I got some amazing home made gifts and only one or two things off of the registry that I really like.

So don't stress... most did it in the few days before. And even if it's off registry sometimes it's a wonderful surprise.

Biggest surprise my mom got us ALL of our everyday dishes :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_registry-stress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:62e6cb86-e41f-4b08-b804-88bdd33ef3a9Post:2a69c78f-d8db-491d-86b7-f6c62306a60d">Re: Registry Stress??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, PPs said it, people are procrastinators! People who wait till last minute are probably the same people who have yet to RSVP to the wedding, even though you know they are attending!
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

<div>THis is exactly (in my case). </div>
  • Options
    Just an update- you guys were SO RIGHT!!!!  Since my post, people have purchased 25 more items off my registry!  I had no reason to worry :).  Thank you all for your help!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards