May 2012 Weddings

I feel dumb now...

So FI and I have been having unprotected sex this month. Not trying to conceive, not not trying.
Anyways, I am a week late, I took a test on Friday and it came back negative. So today I went over to The Bump to ask them if I could have a false negative, could it be stress, my cycles not regulating yet blah blah any suggestions.
While I did get good advice, I also got some comments that insuated I am an idiot, mainly because I said when I was "scheduled" to ovulate and that I dont chart. Now I wish I hadn't posted. I thought it was a legit question. No I am not charting, (not everyone does, and we arent really TRYING just yet)  yes I could just be late, but what is wrong with asking a question? For a first time post over there it made me leery of returning! BLAH!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I feel dumb now...

• edited April 2012
    You get over opinionated (trying to put it nicely) ladies on all boards. I've felt that way a few times on the knot.com boards. One evening I was brought to tears because of something someone said. I guess it's easier to be a jerk when no one knows who you really are and probably will never meet you in person.

Don't let them ruin the bump! For every jerk there are 5 people who can offer great advice, judgement free.
  • Thanks Leeann. I totally understand that that is the way the boards can be, which is probably why I normally only post on this board!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto PP. I had similar experiences on other TK boards as well as on the nest. Some people are helpful and others are jerks, this is also why I only post here or on my local board. I don't know why people think they can be giant jerks just because they're on the internet. Who does that help? 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Stick to this board :) Ask us all of your so called dumb questions and we will be nice :)

Your question was not dumb at all, they are just rude.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would suggest CafeMom.com I'm already a momma so I've been there a ton. Like any online forum you'll get snippy beotches but most of them are very nice. There are a lot of newlywed and TTC boards and groups.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • Feel free to PM me on charting/not charting/baby stuff- I've been using natural family planning for a year and have taken classes on it. I'd be happy to help you in that department!

And I only post on this section (may 2012) of theknot because i've come away from other sections in tears more than once. I got ripped apart a few months ago for asking a simple question. My FI keeps telling me to stay away from "the stupid wedding forum".

Don't feel dumb! You really didn't know and it was wrong of them to make you feel bad about yourself.

Lucky you on convincing FI to go without protection this month. :) I said "why not" and he said, "it's only a few more weeks, be patient" :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Don't feel dumb just because TK/TN/TK tend to harbor hauty b#tches!  Not everyone of course....but enough of them to be noticeable.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Screw all the other rude peeps on the boards. Girl, we are your family now! :) We will answer honestly, yes, but nicely! Come to us and we will help. Also, the being late thing? I'm in the same boat. I haven't had my period for 2 months, technically 3 if I don't start within the next 5 days. I have taken numerous tests at various points and all negative. I'm guessing stress, and since I can't afford the doctor I'm waiting until after the wedding to worry about it. A am however fully prepared for the big day and am packing many tampons, just in case ;)
  • We are all here to help answer questions! That was not a dumb question at all. While I don't really have an answer for it, I know a ton of ladies on here probably do. I left the etiquette board in tears once so we have all been there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards