May 2012 Weddings
Options

Announcing...

My fiance is an optomitrist so people usually address him as Dr. Smith. When our officiant announces us do I have him say Dr. and Mrs. Smith or Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Announcing...

• Options
    I voted dr. He worked hard for that title!
  • Options
    I don't know, I disagree.  FI and I are both Drs too technically, but we are going with "Mr. and Mrs."  I agree that he worked hard for the title, but this day is about your guys' marriage, not his degree.  Everyone already knows he is a Dr., they don't need to be reminded at your wedding ceremony.  Just my 2 cents =]

Have you asked him what his preference is?
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_announcing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:66896fe3-706e-4cd0-992a-a9e4beb1cf5aPost:420d42a5-760c-4424-b94a-cb33e7dabd3d">Re: Announcing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know, I disagree.  FI and I are both Drs too technically, but we are going with "<strong>Mr. and Mrs." </strong> <strong>I agree that he worked hard for the title, but this day is about your guys' marriage, not his degree.  Everyone already knows he is a Dr., they don't need to be reminded at your wedding ceremony.  </strong>Just my 2 cents =] Have you asked him what his preference is?
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. But I think either way is fine.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I think either is fine, maybe ask him which he prefers.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_announcing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:66896fe3-706e-4cd0-992a-a9e4beb1cf5aPost:420d42a5-760c-4424-b94a-cb33e7dabd3d">Re: Announcing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know, I disagree.  FI and I are both Drs too technically, but we are going with "Mr. and Mrs."  <strong>I agree that he worked hard for the title, but this day is about your guys' marriage, not his degree.  Everyone already knows he is a Dr., they don't need to be reminded at your wedding ceremony</strong>.  Just my 2 cents =] Have you asked him what his preference is?
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. I initially thought Dr and Mrs. I hadn't thought of it this way. So, I vote for Mr and Mrs. But, I'd ask him what he prefers
  • Options
    I talked to the FI and told him he could have it either way. We dicided to go with Dr. since a lot of our guests are coming and addressed as Dr. as well. Thanks for all the input & votes!

Have a great weekend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's his title though, you could get away with saying Mr, but I think that would be kind of weird, like introducing you as Mr. and Ms. instead of Mr. and Mrs... your title is Mrs, his title is Dr, nothing else. I'm used to having Dr. and Mrs. though because my grandpa was a doctor, so maybe it doesn't seem weird to me to say that?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards