May 2012 Weddings
Options

Anxiety is kicking in...Please calm me down :( SUPER LONG!

Hi ladies,

I hope this all makes sense, I'm kind of frazzled and stressed right now.  FI and I live in Idaho and our wedding is in Oregon.  My MOH lives in ID, but she is SUPER busy..or so she makes it seem...it's always me that is asking if we can meet up for dinner to talk about wedding stuff and any time that I tell her I'm stress, she tells me that there is plenty of time and to breathe *have to remember that one* anyway...A few months ago when we met up she said that SHE was the one that brought up doing a shower/bachelorette party for me and asked me to send her addresses of people and she would probably send out invites in March.  Keep in mind, FI and I will be in OR from the 6th until at least the 13th...I told her that FI was going to have a bachelor party there on the Thursday before the wedding, so she said that we would plan for that day to have our shin dig..Well, here we are 23 days before the wedding and I sent her a text yesterday asking if she knew what day she would be in Oregon and she said Thursday at the latest..which I'm assuming means she has done nothing, or talked to anyone about putting something together for me.  That's fine, I don't need to have a get together, but I feel like a jerk because everyone thought there was going to be something on Thursday since FI is having something that day.  I asked my mom if she wanted to do anything (again, I don't care..just feel like a jerk) and she told me she thinks it's too late...Should I flat out ask my MOH if she plans on doing anything?  Please help! Sorry this is so long I've been crying all morning *breathe*

TIA!

Re: Anxiety is kicking in...Please calm me down :( SUPER LONG!

• Options
    If I'm reading correctly, you have 23 days before the wedding- I think a 20 day notice is plenty of time to get a party planned and thrown the Thursday before the wedding.

If someone wants to throw something, I say go for it :)

Also- Sorry your MOH is so flakey :/
  • Options
    Yes you need to breathe.  You keep saying that you don't care about a party but your post says something entirely different.  If your MOH does plan something, terrific.  If not, sorry, but unfortunately you are not entitled to a party.  Maybe just plan a dinner with your family/friends for that evening and make it totally just a get together. 

If you are this upset over the party I guess you should talk to you MOH.  I think the stress of the wedding may be getting to you.  Just relax. 
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anxiety-is-kicking-inplease-calm-me-down-super-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:674f42e6-b72c-4615-9651-c310db378c32Post:ce3cd1e6-6f41-4aa9-9386-897a2a980558">Re: Anxiety is kicking in...Please calm me down :( SUPER LONG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If I'm reading correctly, you have 23 days before the wedding- I think a 20 day notice is plenty of time to get a party planned and thrown the Thursday before the wedding. </strong>If someone wants to throw something, I say go for it :) Also- Sorry your MOH is so flakey :/
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You ladies are right. Totally a bridezilla moment. Sorry :
  • Options
    Sorry your MOH flaked! There is still time, talk to her about it :)
  • Options
    I would say "People have been asking me if there's anything going on, what should I tell them?" Maybe she just figures she has more time? Like PP said you can throw together a b-party in three weeks. If she has dropped the ball, you can organize a bunch of people going out, just don't call it a b-party.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't think your having a bridezilla moment...she got you excited and then didn't follow up. It sucks and I think your have every right to be upset. I think you could casually bring up to her just say hey do we still want to get the girls together on Thursday...if she doesn't want to then you can plan a little dinner or something just to get the girls together...good luck and breath!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards