May 2012 Weddings
Options

Help me work this poem into our ceremony... :)

i LOVE this poem. I tear up every time I read it and we definitely want it in our ceremony somehow, but not sure how...
it's all in first person, so it would be strange for our officiant or a reader to read it (right? or no?), would it be totally cheesy to read lines back and forth/alternate? Or what can we have the officiant say before reading it so it doesn't make it seem like she's asking us to love HER?! :) Help! I want it in the wedding, but not overboard cheese or gushiness (i cry enough as it is)
Thanks! :)

Love Me by Walter Rinder

Love me because I try to touch life within the framework of uncertainty.
Love in me the shadows of my indecision as I strive to gain knowledge.
Love in me the silence of my hurts and the noise of my confusions.
Love me for the feeling of my heart not the fears of my mind.
Love me in my search for the truth though I may stumble upon fallacy.
Love me as I pursue my dreams sometimes hampered by illusions.
Love me as I grow to know myself even during times of stagnation.
Love me because I seek God's harmony not man's discord.
Love me for my body that I wish to share with affection, wrapping you in warmth.
Love me because we are different, as we are the same.
Love me that our time together will be spent in growing, kindling the world with understanding.
Love me not with expectations but with hope.
I will love you the same.

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me work this poem into our ceremony... :)

• Options
    I actually think it would be lovely to alternate back and forth and now I want to! I think it would be super cute for both of you to repeat the last line. I love it!
  • Options
    very nice poem. and i agree with PP
  • Options
    Ahh that is so good. I agree with pp read it back and forth I think it would be amazing to see and hear.
  • Options

I think your audience would understand that your officiant isn't talking about herself. 

Its a beautiful poem.  I say keep it.

• Options
    Ditto PPs. If you don't want to do that, you could have a reader (close friend or family member) come up & read it during the ceremony :) Cute poem, love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_help-me-work-this-poem-into-our-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:692e55cd-1239-4c2a-9157-cff9a470d1eePost:32d0012e-dcbb-4bd9-94da-b46cd6d385d5">Re: Help me work this poem into our ceremony... :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto PPs. If you don't want to do that, you could have a reader (close friend or family member) come up & read it during the ceremony :) Cute poem, love it!
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

<div>This. We are having a friend or family member read a few poems during our ceremony.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I say have the reader do it. I don't think anyone would interpret it as them talking to either one of you...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't think it would be weird to have someone read it during the ceremony. But I do think reading alternating lines to each other during the ceremony would be really sweet!!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks girls!
    I think i knew what i wanted, just needed some knottie confirmation that it was okay ;)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds kinda like vows actually...just a thought
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards