May 2012 Weddings
Options

Photo booth timing question!

I am having a photo booth for 4 hours at my reception. Do you think I should open it 5-9 (cocktail hour, dinner hour, and 2 hours of reception), or do you think 6-10 (after cocktail hour for the full time of the reception, including dinner hour)? I appreciate your input!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photo booth timing question!

• Options
    Honestly, I think either would work fine, I would say the earlier one because it gives guests something to do during cocktail hour but then the later one would work because it will give guests something to do at the reception once all of the wedding things are finished (such as toasts, garter/bouquet toss, special dances, etc.)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I thinking earlier too, only because I am using a copy of the photos in my guestbook, but a friend of mine mentioned to me that every time she's been to a wedding with one it wasn't opened until after dinner to avoid guests missing out on introductions, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cocktail hour-- as PPs have said, it will give guests something fun to do while waiting!

To avoid the issue of guests missing introductions, you could also shut it down for 30 minutes to avoid that.. have a friend (maybe the same person with the guestbook if you have that?) just go hang up a sign at a certain time with the time it will be reopened.

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd like to have ours open during cocktail hour.  Open during dinner might not be as bad, esp. if you are having a buffet dinner - people tend to finish eating at different times so it will give them something to do.  
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are having a photo booth as well and our company was willing to open it for the cocktail hour, then close it during dinner and then reopen it for the remainder of the event.  Maybe ask your contact person if this might be possible so you get the most utilization time possible from the booth.  :)
  • Options
    On the weekends, I work for a company that runs photo booths at weddings and events. A lot of our weddings will have it open during cocktail hour, close it during dinner, then open in it again so that people don't miss dinner or introductions.

Also, I've noticed that with sit-down dinners (if that's what you're having), a lot of people don't visit the booth during dinner even if it is open because they're focusing on eating so you lose that time that you paid for.

We're having ours open during cocktail hour then closed for dinner then opened again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am having a sit down dinner. I will ask if I can close it during dinner hour. I hadn't thought of that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards