May 2012 Weddings
Options

re-thinking my underwear choice!

I bought some really cute "bride" undies from VS months ago. I just tried them on last night to make sure I liked them and I'm not sure if I do.

They are mesh, with bride in rhinestones on the bum, just regular bikini style underwear. They fit fine, but I'm not sure if they're going to be comfortable all day/night. I also don't know if I want all my BM/Mom/FMIL seeing my butt when they're helping me into my gown, and you can totally see through the mesh of the underwear.

I wasn't all that comfortable in them, so I'm thinking that instead I should just get a better, more comfortable plain pair of undies. But what do I do with the cute ones? maybe wear them the next day?

Part of me wants something bride-y to wear, but I also want comfort. Would it be strange to iron on a "bride" rhinestone piece to a more comfortable pair of plain white undies?
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: re-thinking my underwear choice!

• Options
    I was going to suggest buying the rhinestone Bride and ironing onto a pair you feel more comfortable in.  I saw that pair at VS and decided to just buy a pair of pretty white lace ones because I thought the same thing! 
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    I hear ya. I want something bride-y and fun- for later. But I also want to be comfortable all day, too. I was thinking about the very underwear you speak of! I was going to get my underwear, bra, and crinolin on in the bathroom so no one sees me put that stuff on. Are you wearing a crinolin/slip? Because if you are, no one will see your panties.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_re-thinking-my-underwear-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:704ac2b7-00d0-44bc-b5eb-da9d2db865cfPost:d719c5b3-4499-4532-b9d0-f7c5b46a615a">Re: re-thinking my underwear choice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hear ya. I want something bride-y and fun- for later. But I also want to be comfortable all day, too. I was thinking about the very underwear you speak of! I was going to get my underwear, bra, and crinolin on in the bathroom so no one sees me put that stuff on. Are you wearing a crinolin/slip? Because if you are, no one will see your panties.
    Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

Nope, just undies!! (ooo la la) lol
    imageimage
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options

Personally, I'm going for comfort!  I wore underwear with a lace trim to my last fitting, and it kept getting snagged on my bustier (sewn into the dress) when I was putting on the dress, so I'm going no lace for the wedding day. 
    I figure if we aren't completely exhausted after the wedding, I'll put on something cute for FI after I take my huge dress off.  Otherwise, it's getting packed for the HM :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my 'something old' is going to be my cotton hanes panties because they are my most favorite most comfortable panties i own!!  and i wear the hell out of them  haha

they're white with little different colored stars all over them, they're cute, and FI knows they're my favorite so i have a feeling he'll laugh when he sees that's what i've been wearing all day  :-P

ps- /> they're not really 'old' like most peoples' 'something old' but it'll be the oldest thing i have on that day hehe
  • Options
    June bride scoping out the May boards! :)  Had to link you to these!

Bride in rhinesontes,super pretty, something blue, and they cover you up!
    image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here's my plan, because I definitely want cute underwear too!

What I'm doing is wearing a nude strapless bra and nude lace VS thong (style I wear most of the time anywys) so I will be comfortable under my dress. Then when we get back to the hotel (pending we get one....hmph) I am going to change into cute under things for my new husband! 
  • Options
    Are you changing into a going away outfit? if so, you could change your comfy underwear into your mesh underwear at the same time - no moms/BMs seeing your bum, and you still get to wear them on the day that you ARE a bride if that's what you really want :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am wearing my regular hanes that are super comfortable for the wedding. I will be changing into my sexy stuff once FI are in the hotel.

Remember, your underwear will probably smell like garbage by the time you are ready to get it on for the wedding night, maybe wear something comfortable and then change into your "bride" undies for the foreplay.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_re-thinking-my-underwear-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:704ac2b7-00d0-44bc-b5eb-da9d2db865cfPost:05c773ad-dfce-4db3-882f-491279f03d2f">Re: re-thinking my underwear choice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you changing into a going away outfit? if so, you could change your comfy underwear into your mesh underwear at the same time - no moms/BMs seeing your bum, and you still get to wear them on the day that you ARE a bride if that's what you really want :)
    Posted by Bett2012[/QUOTE]

Nope, our hotel room is right above the reception location. I'm thinking that what I'll do is change after the reception into the cute undies and wear them that evening for FI! I think comfort is the way to go for the ceremony/reception, so I'll be looking for a different pair that doesn't ride up and isn't see through!
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_re-thinking-my-underwear-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:704ac2b7-00d0-44bc-b5eb-da9d2db865cfPost:9c05c121-86ef-4b02-bea9-fbc9afaee5af">Re: re-thinking my underwear choice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am wearing my regular hanes that are super comfortable for the wedding. I will be changing into my sexy stuff once FI are in the hotel. <font color="#ff0000">Remember, your underwear will probably smell like garbage by the time you are ready to get it on</font> for the wedding night, maybe wear something comfortable and then change into your "bride" undies for the foreplay.
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

You grossed me out AND made me giggle at the same time. But you have a great point! When FI figures out how to get me OUT of the dress, I will change into something more comfortable for our after party. If we don't fall asleep first.
  • Options
    I'm going with light blue bikini style undies. And I plan to throw them out afterwards, lol. I'm fully expecting them to be rank, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_re-thinking-my-underwear-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:704ac2b7-00d0-44bc-b5eb-da9d2db865cfPost:9c05c121-86ef-4b02-bea9-fbc9afaee5af">Re: re-thinking my underwear choice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am wearing my regular hanes that are super comfortable for the wedding. I will be changing into my sexy stuff once FI are in the hotel. <strong>Remember, your underwear will probably smell like garbage by the time you are ready to get it on for the wedding night, maybe wear something comfortable and then change into your "bride" undies for the foreplay.
    </strong>Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

THIS EXACTLY!!! One of the things the May '11 Brides warned us about is how much you will sweat under your dress!!!! I would go for comfort all day and change into something cute after. What about changing into JUST your bride panties for your new husband???
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_re-thinking-my-underwear-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:704ac2b7-00d0-44bc-b5eb-da9d2db865cfPost:9c05c121-86ef-4b02-bea9-fbc9afaee5af">Re: re-thinking my underwear choice!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Remember, your underwear will probably smell like garbage by the time you are ready to get it on for the wedding night, maybe wear something comfortable and then change into your "bride" undies for the foreplay.
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

<div>You posted exactly what I was going to. :) I'm planning on wearing moisture wicking shorts under my dress so I don't get all sweaty and chaf, as I've had that happen to me just wearing regular dresses. Definitely comfort over looks in this area, especially since no one will see them anyway!</div><div>
    </div><div>I got the idea from one of my brides, who actually was a May 2011 bride on TK. It's usually in the 70's or so in May here, and it was 90 degrees on her wedding day, and her dress was a heavy silk. She said the shorts were one of the best decisions she made. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards