May 2012 Weddings
Options

My Veil

So I called the bridal salon that I found my dress at trying to figure out how much of a deposit I needed to order my dress!  My dress is actually a great price coming out to $950.  Well there is a matching veil and I want it sooo badly because it goes perfectly with my dress so when I called I asked her how much the veil was.  She said it was $520.  Excuse me?  I understand its a cathedral length veil, but why does it cost more than half the cost of my wedding gown when it is by the same designer :( I'm so sad.  I'm going to have to find a new veil.  But I was thinking of asking if they would be willing to sell me the sample veil at a discounted price.  I know they do that with their gowns but has anyone heard of stores doing the same thing with their veils?
Photobucket

Re: My Veil

• Options
    I would seriously check out the wedding classifieds on TK and weddingbee and so on. Veils are one of those things you only use once and get rid of. Maybe post a few wanted to buy posts
    White Knot
  • Options
    I'll have to try that.  I mean there is NO WAY I am going to pay over $500 on a veil.  It's one piece of freaking fabric. I just don't understand why its costs so much
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree checking the classifieds.. or maybe you could DIY it! 
  • Options
    I think most salons do sell sample veils, but probably same as dresses, once they are discontinued... it wouldn't hurt to ask!
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well when I went in the other day I was going to try on my dress for my friend but they had sold the sample of my dress so I am wondering if they will sell my veil, I am going to ask.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Try etsy.com! There are usually awesome veils on there :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    OMG that is insanely expensive for a veil! I agree with PP I think you should look on the classifieds board, or DIY.

Also is there a relative's veil that you could borrow, you could try that to...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The last wedding in my family was in 2001 lol So no family to borrow one from.  On the up side.  I called the salon and asked about selling the sample veil.  They told me it was brand new so they wouldn't sell it to me but since she sold my sample dress and she knows I love the veil she is going to give me 20% off of the veil if I order it and if I buy it over Memorial Day (they are doing a promotion) I'll get another $50 off.  So my veil will end up being $360.  Which is still ungodly expensive, but I actually might consider it since I'm still in sticker shock from the first price.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'd call and ask if they will sell you the sample. That is an insane price for a veil! I know my veil from my first marriage was around $200 or so. This time around, I'm doing no veil.
  • Options
    She said the sample was brand new but offered to give me 20% off of the price anyway and if I get it over Memorial Day weekend she'll give me another $50 off of that!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Do you have pictures of the veil? It sounds beautiful!
  • Options
    You'll see a better pic on the website so here is the site:

If you click on the website you'll see my veil and my dress together

Photobucket
  • Options
    my veil was 950 but after much negotiating and since i bought my dress at the same place she cut the price to 350 and i got my tiara which was retail 750 at a bridal store going out of business for 75 bucks. i almost had a "Bridesmaids the movie moment" when i saw the price tag on the veil. they are rediculous. but definately negotiate as much as you can or find something online and show them and maybe they cant match the price or beat it.
  • Options
    Check ebay if you don't mind second-hand things. I found the exact veil I tried on in the salon for $20 + shipping, and it's brand new!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to talk down the price of your veil!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards