May 2012 Weddings
Options

Checks & exciting stuff

The not so happy:  my FI and I live 3 hours from each other.  I had my exit exams at school yesterday and was supposed to leave after that to drive to see him for the weekend (it's also his birthday weekend).  I was about an hour into the drive when he called that there was a huge storm forming near a town that I would have to drive through.  Since it was nearing nighttime, we both decided that it'd probably be safest if I just came back home.  I was SO bummed and the next time I'll see him will be 2 weeks from now. 

BUT - there's always a silver lining, right?! :)

I ordered FI's wedding band AND got it 75% off what the ring originally was going to cost me!!!!!!!!! This ring was FI's first choice of a ring, but we decided it was too expensive for our budget.  We were looking elsewhere and he had picked out a couple of other styles.  And I just happened upon the same ring that was his first choice and snatched it up pretty quick like. :)

I also have bought all the flowers for my bouquet, my ladies of honor bouquets, boutonnieres, and reception flowers (basically all the flowers we'll need for the wedding).  Most of them were 50% off PLUS I had a 20% off coupon (from Michaels!).

I also was supposed to pick up my dress yesterday.  I put it on and they're having to take it in (woohoo!!!) so I'll pick it up this coming Friday.  The even better news about this is that my grandparents (who live 5 hours away) will be in town.  They aren't able to come to our wedding (as it's in a different state and they are much older and not able to travel long distances).  SO, they'll get to come with me to the dress store and see me in my wedding dress (and I can get photos WITH them in my wedding dress..well, me wearing the dress.. not them wearing the dress. Wink ).  This is super special to me to be able to do this, and to also be able to show them the flowers from the wedding and other details.

AND FINALLY, (NWR) I found out that one of my finals this semester is going to be open book! WHEW!!!!! I'll be graduating with my Associates degree 3 days before my wedding.  My goal is to get a 4.0 this semester and graduate Cum Laude.  So far I'm on track for that.

I'm SO excited that the wedding is only 36 days away.  I feel like we have so much done (yet so much left to do).
Wedding Countdown Ticker
108 image Invited to celebrate!
65 image Will be attending
38 image Won't be having any fun
5 image Can't Find their mailbox

Re: Checks & exciting stuff

• Options
    edited April 2012
    The not so happy:  my FI and I live 3 hours from each other.  I had my exit exams at school yesterday and was supposed to leave after that to drive to see him for the weekend (it's also his birthday weekend).  I was about an hour into the drive when he called that there was a huge storm forming near a town that I would have to drive through.  Since it was nearing nighttime, we both decided that it'd probably be safest if I just came back home.  I was SO bummed and the next time I'll see him will be 2 weeks from now. 

BUT - there's always a silver lining, right?! :)

I ordered FI's wedding band AND got it 75% off what the ring originally was going to cost me!!!!!!!!! This ring was FI's first choice of a ring, but we decided it was too expensive for our budget.  We were looking elsewhere and he had picked out a couple of other styles.  And I just happened upon the same ring that was his first choice and snatched it up pretty quick like. :)

I also have bought all the flowers for my bouquet, my ladies of honor bouquets, boutonnieres, and reception flowers (basically all the flowers we'll need for the wedding).  Most of them were 50% off PLUS I had a 20% off coupon (from Michaels!).

I also was supposed to pick up my dress yesterday.  I put it on and they're having to take it in (woohoo!!!) so I'll pick it up this coming Friday.  The even better news about this is that my grandparents (who live 5 hours away) will be in town.  They aren't able to come to our wedding (as it's in a different state and they are much older and not able to travel long distances).  SO, they'll get to come with me to the dress store and see me in my wedding dress (and I can get photos WITH them in my wedding dress..well, me wearing the dress.. not them wearing the dress. Wink ).  This is super special to me to be able to do this, and to also be able to show them the flowers from the wedding and other details.

AND FINALLY, (NWR) I found out that one of my finals this semester is going to be open book! WHEW!!!!! I'll be graduating with my Associates degree 3 days before my wedding.  My goal is to get a 4.0 this semester and graduate Cum Laude.  So far I'm on track for that.

I'm SO excited that the wedding is only 36 days away.  I feel like we have so much done (yet so much left to do).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    OH! And I forgot to add that I checked our registries tonight (which I do every few days or so). and up until now there have been 0 things purchased.  But tonight, the first 3 things have been purchased on one of our registries.  Woot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on all of your checks! I am sorry you missed a weekend with your FI.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards