May 2012 Weddings
Options

Oh, no! :((((

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but one of my BMs works at a U.S. consulate overseas.  She asked for time off a LONG time ago, and her boss approved it.  She just sent me an email (we can't really talk on the phone) that now a high level U.S. government official will be in town right around the wedding, and they want her to stay to help with the visit.  I think I'm the only person who's wedding could get screwed up by the government.  I wasn't planning on sending an invite to the White House, but I definitely won't be now...haters.

:(((((((

Re: Oh, no! :((((

• Options
    Ugh! That sucks. (I mean, it's great that she's respected enough at her job to be asked to help with the visit, but at the same time ... what terrible timing!)
  • Options
    Ugh, that really does suck!! I suppose she doesn't have the type of job that she can call in sick to either, haha. Hopefully everything will work out and she'll be able to make it for your day. If she can't, do you think that you could have her on skype during the ceremony so she's at least able to watch you get married. Hope everything works out, keep us updated!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    oh, that's terrible. but what can you do when you're up against a wall like that...maybe the offical will change their plans?  :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm super proud of her for what she has accomplished in her life for sure, but it definitely puts a damper on things.  I'll get over it if she can't come, it's obviously not her fault...but I'm definitely sad.  She's one of my best friends...we met during freshman orientation in college, so I've known her for almost a decade.  I don't get to see her that often...she's always lived at least 6 hrs away for the past 6 years or so, not to mention she now lives on the other side of the world.  It just sucks that there's nothing I can really do to remedy the situation.  She's still working on convincing her boss to let her keep her time off, so I'm just praying that she can still make it!
  • Options
    I feel your pain . My wedding too is Being messed up by the gov. Moh bf since the age of 3 is likely not to be able to come even though the time was originally approved. : damn government. I am crossed and hoping she can make it to your wedding by some miracle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, that is not cool at all!!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That sucks :(

Maybe plans will change or her boss will have a chance of heart? It's hard to believe that they can't manage without her for one day :/
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards