May 2012 Weddings
Options

Is this awkward?

Would it be weird to post a my-RSVP-date-is-in-2-weeks-send-them-back-if-you-want-a-place-to-sit-and-a-meal update on Facebook?  Obviously not every one of my FB friends is invited to my wedding, but it would be a nice way to catch all of them who are invited and haven't responded all at one time.  Thoughts?
photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is this awkward?

• Options

If you want to ask for trouble, yes. 

I think you are opening yourself up to many many ...."I didn't get mine" comments.

• Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from with wanting to post that. I don't get what is so hard about just sending a little postage paid card back with a yes or no.

But I do agree that it might cause a problem if someone you didn't invite were to post ask where their invite is.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options
    If you want to go the Facebook route, I wouldn't do a status update.  You could just send a private message to everyone who actually was invited (i.e. a mass email).  It'd be a little bit safer.
  • Options
    I for sure wouldn't do it as a status update- A private message or email would be less dangerous ;)

I ended up emailing all our stragglers this past weekend after 3 days of no rsvp's in the mail box- One of our hotel blocks expires April 1st (when rsvp's are due), we have a lot of OOT'ers invited, and very few of the rooms have been booked.

I am never, never, EVER slacking on an rsvp ever again- So frustrating!
  • Options
    Yep....def. do PMs. Facebook is the easiest way to contact most people!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what I thought.  Maybe I'll give it another week and then send out a semi private mass message to all the slackers.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options
    Ha ha! FI and I did email and text reminders. What's up with people!
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with the PP who said to send a private message just to those invited. IMO it's kinda rude to post a status update asking for RSVP's when not everyone on your friends list is invited, you know?

Also, I would give it until a week out. Lots of people are procrastinaters and might go on the offensive and say "but I have two weeks left to respond." Just playing devil's advocate. :)
  • Options
    FI actually created a "secret group" on facebook and added all of the people that are invited to the group.  so we leave all of our wedding related updates on there.  and people will leave us little notes when the book their flight or hotel or whatever.  it's been really convenient!  

if you don't want to go that route, i would agree with doing the PMs.  just a status update could get you into trouble.
  • Options
    You can send private messages to more the one recipient on FB...I would do that with all invited people if you are really itching for replies...at the same time its still REALLY early to expect to have them all back yet..I would probably wait untill at least the week they are 'due' to bother firends with this kind of message, at this point in the game it might offend some people who feel like you are being pushy by not trusting they will get them back to you in time.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I think I would wait to contact people until your RSVP date arrives, because guests may think "WTF I still have time" also send PMs to those when the time comes.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_is-this-awkward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:79c4d629-6e39-49a0-85d4-9ceae4ac82fbPost:8bd0dabf-ce70-494a-9873-c31d2e8f36ab">Re: Is this awkward?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI actually created a "secret group" on facebook and added all of the people that are invited to the group.  so we leave all of our wedding related updates on there.  and people will leave us little notes when the book their flight or hotel or whatever.  it's been really convenient!   if you don't want to go that route, i would agree with doing the PMs.  just a status update could get you into trouble.
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]

This exactly
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would just give them a quick call to verify if they are coming or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards