May 2012 Weddings

Ugh. Hair. Not okay.

So, I had a final haircut appt today at a salon that I've been going to for about two years now.  It's inside a mall, so not a super great salon, but I've been going to the same guy the whole time, and I've always loved my hair.  I first went to him on a whim, since I'm away from home at school and couldn't always make it home to get haircuts, and then liked him better than the my other normal person.

Well, I walked in the salon today, having an appointment at 2:00, and the girl told me he didn't work there anymore.  I'm sorry, but what?  How is it possible that no one called me?  I asked her since when, and she said about 2-3 weeks.  I always make appointments for my next haircut as I'm leaving, so I've been consistently on their calendar for the past year and a half at least.  I asked her why I wasn't notified, and she said that they called everyone they could find numbers for, which is ridiculous that I didn't get a call.  I think I might be most annoyed that I can't do anything about the fact that the salon was super crappy to me.  There's nothing I can hold against them or anything.  And that's just awful customer service.

So, now I have to find someone new to cut my hair.  For my last haircut two weeks before the wedding.  I know I shouldn't be as freaked out about this as I am, but I can't even go back to my other normal woman at home because she's moved, and home is two hours away and I couldn't get there until next week.  Ugh.  So, I have an appointment with a friend's stylist now for later today and I am not happy.  Oh well.  Wish me luck!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
image 235 Invited
image 158 Attending
image 77 Missing Out
image 0! Not Replied
RSVP Date: April 25th

Re: Ugh. Hair. Not okay.

• You'll be fine.  I went to someone new on Saturday and my wedding is this Friday.  My hair came out great so I'll send the good hair vibes your way.  Good luck!!!
    Anniversary
  • It will all be okay. Just be VERY vocal if they are about to do something you definittely don't want. I will send you Knottie Vibes it all goes well :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can totally feel your pain.  That happened to me with my stylist who was scheduled to do my trial and wedding hair.  My salon called me a month after she quit and told me that they completely couldn't do my wedding at all!  I luckily found her at the new place she works and they were able to take me and my bridal party, but I was pretty mad at the old salon for the way they handled it.  They had even done a contract with me for the wedding, and then they just backed out of the whole thing because one stylist quit.  I think salons have their own crazy rules about what is good service and what is not!
  • Don’t be afraid to ask them where he went.  Perhaps you can track him down?

I had to do that once before.  I felt bad for asking, but they understand these things. 

The worst they can do is say they don’t know, or “No”.

• Sending you Knottie vibes and good luck :-) 
  • Good luck!  I'd call and ask if they if he is working elsewhere in the area...
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards