May 2012 Weddings

Who watches The Voice?

I want to talk about last night's show. Anyone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who watches The Voice?

• Shoot, I haven't watched it yet! I was watching the Bachelor so I had to DVR The Voice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll just say I was not happy with Cee Lo's pick, but I'll leave it at that since you haven't seen it yet :)
  • I read (from friends on FB) that supposedly the judges didn't make too many good decisions last night!
  • And I think Christina's first pairing was crazy unfair. 
  • i usually watch it but my FI owned the remote yesterday. :(
  • I'm watching it right now :) I'll let you know what I think once I'm finished!
  • Oh i did and I disagreed with some of the choices as well!
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_who-watches-the-voice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7d5ab355-ad50-4677-b9c7-5ea80cffe99dPost:9f1891e7-7609-43a2-bbbf-388c913d13bf">Re: Who watches The Voice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh i did and I disagreed with some of the choices as well!
    Posted by Melissa51212[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div><strong>::dori stop reading unless you want spoilers::</strong></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>

<div>I don't like Cheesa. I didn't like her in the blinds, I think her tone stinks and she's crazy pitchy. She can belt, but I don't think her voice is good otherwise. </div><div>
    </div><div>And seriously Christina, pairing a classically trained opera singer who has albums on iTunes with someone who has little to no training? </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm also afraid that the coaches are going to let the whole competition of beating each other get in the way of the real purpose of the show.</div></div>
  • Just finished watching it :) I have to agree that Christina's first pair up was totally unfair, but that girl held her own against that opera/classical guy! I also did not like Cheesa at all & she kind of reminded me of Snooki for some reason, ew. LOL I also think that Blake choosing Reyna (or however you spell her name) was a mistake, I liked the cheerleader much more!

I think my favorite is Tony (from Mickey Mouse Club), not sure why but I think he's totally cute! And his kids are adorable :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_who-watches-the-voice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7d5ab355-ad50-4677-b9c7-5ea80cffe99dPost:44e76ad0-9969-46e3-9dcd-a44f824082cb">Re: Who watches The Voice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just finished watching it :) I have to agree that Christina's first pair up was totally unfair, but that girl held her own against that opera/classical guy! I also did not like Cheesa at all & she kind of reminded me of Snooki for some reason, ew. LOL I also think that Blake choosing Reyna (or however you spell her name) was a mistake, I liked the cheerleader much more! I think my favorite is Tony (from Mickey Mouse Club), not sure why but I think he's totally cute! And his kids are adorable :)
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>And every time I see "Cheesa" spelled out, I want to call her Cheesy.

<div>Love Tony. His little girl is presh. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't like the cheerleader. She has no vibrato, which really bothers me.</div></div>
  • True, but I liked giving her the benefit of the doubt since they said she only had 10 months of experience! Oh well! I thought Reyna sounded whiney!!
  • I watch The Voice, but I'm not going to lie- It's mainly just to stare at Blake Shelton and to kill time before Smash comes on.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_who-watches-the-voice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7d5ab355-ad50-4677-b9c7-5ea80cffe99dPost:dc2a5d83-1e43-4a1f-bfa0-9f0c03522ffb">Re: Who watches The Voice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shoot, I haven't watched it yet! I was watching the Bachelor so I had to DVR The Voice!
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

I had to DVR The Bachelor because FI and I watched The Voice :)

Before hearing the song, I thought Raelyn should beat Addly, just because of the fact that Addly had little to no experience.  I just think she probably wasn't in a place to really benefit from the coaching she could receive.

But during the battle, I thought Addly was amazing.  I still personally think that for what they do- sing country- Raelyn does it better. She has more of the twangy, unique country voice, and I think they are really going for the unique voice this year.

Addly is more powerful, and with training I could definitely see her going far.  I just don't know that the voice is going to be able to get her there as quickly as she would need to. 

ETA: Not to mention that Blake made more one than reference to the fact that Raelyn reminds him of a young Miranda...  He can't get rid of her after saying she reminds him of his wife.  
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_who-watches-the-voice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7d5ab355-ad50-4677-b9c7-5ea80cffe99dPost:d90100dc-1468-4732-adff-ed9114dff053">Re: Who watches The Voice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who watches The Voice? : I had to DVR The Bachelor because FI and I watched The Voice :) Before hearing the song, I thought Raelyn should beat Addly, just because of the fact that Addly had little to no experience.  I just think she probably wasn't in a place to really benefit from the coaching she could receive. But during the battle, I thought Addly was amazing.  I still personally think that for what they do- sing country- Raelyn does it better. She has more of the twangy, unique country voice, and I think they are really going for the unique voice this year. Addly is more powerful, and with training I could definitely see her going far.  I just don't know that the voice is going to be able to get her there as quickly as she would need to. <strong> ETA: Not to mention that Blake made more one than reference to the fact that Raelyn reminds him of a young Miranda...  He can't get rid of her after saying she reminds him of his wife.  
    </strong>Posted by careydes[/QUOTE]

True! LOL
  • As frustrated as I get sometimes, Adam and Blake make it a little easier. Eye candy please!
  • Totally agree with the eye candy thing! I could stare at Blake Shelton all.day.long.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_who-watches-the-voice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7d5ab355-ad50-4677-b9c7-5ea80cffe99dPost:f92e0d17-9575-472b-984b-be1815cf70fb">Re: Who watches The Voice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who watches The Voice? : ::dori stop reading unless you want spoilers:: I don't like Cheesa. I didn't like her in the blinds, I think her tone stinks and she's crazy pitchy. She can belt, but I don't think her voice is good otherwise.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

This!! I liked the Air Force girl like 10 times better! I was really upset that he didn't pick her!!
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards