May 2012 Weddings
Options

Married 5.19.12 - Pictures!!

We just returned from our lovely honeymoon in Asheville, NC and I wanted to share our wedding story plus a few sneak-peek photos our photographer shared!

Paul & I spent 3 days before our wedding in Carolina Beach, NC so we could have some extra time with our families since they all travelled from out of town. It was rainy and cold every day leading up to our beach wedding, including Saturday morning. But just as I returned from my hair & makeup appointment, the sun started to shine! My Aunt busted out a cheese and fruit platter and poured some mimosas to start the celebration. We spent a couple of hours getting dressed and our photographer showed up early which was awesome. We took photos, laughed at how sexy I looked in my spanx, and just really had a great time. Until we realized that it was 5:20 and we had to leave at 5:30. My Dad and other family members hadn't even started getting dressed yet!

Luckily my MOHs straight up told me not to worry since the wedding couldn't start until I got there anyways. If we were late, so be it! I don't think weddings usually start with the bride and bridal party all ready and waiting at the bottom of the stairs while the parents of the bride are still getting dressed!

Ultimately, it was good that we were running late because so were a bunch of our guests. Our DOC (best money we spent, by far!) had us hang out for about 10 minutes to let the straggling guests arrive and get seated. The day was beautiful - perfect blue skies with dramatic grey and white storm clouds offshore. The ocean was rough and turbulent but inspiring. Our DOC got everyone lined up and my Dad and I made our way to the beach. I watched my MOHs walk to the altar and waited for my turn with my Dad. Our DOC signalled, and away I went! Despite the wind whipping my dress all over the place and nearly tripping once or twice in the sand, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It was truly one of those moments where there's no where else in the world I'd rather be.

The whole ceremony was perfect and full of love. I couldn't stop smiling and looking at Paul. It was a feeling I have never felt before and know I never will again. At our kiss, our officiant blew a conch shell to announce our marriage. Turns out, she had told Paul that he must kiss me for as long as the she blew the conch! So he really committed to a long kiss which cracked me up :)

After a bit of drama with the beach wheelchair for my Grandma and parents not paying attention to photos, we were able to join the reception at the aquarium. It. Was. Beautiful. We had several guests tell us it was the most unique wedding they've ever been to and most of the guys really appreciated the chance to look at sharks rather than dance with their dates!

OK, I'll stop rambling now because I know everyone wants to see photos! These are a few that our photographer took, edited, and shared on Facebook as a sneak-peek the night of the wedding:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Married 5.19.12 - Pictures!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards