May 2012 Weddings
Options

BM bouquet cost?

I just got the quote back from my florist for my BM bouquets.  The picture I gave to the florist was of ivory hydrangea and 3 ivory calla lillies inside of the hydrangea.  They want $140 per bouquet.  Is this alot?  I really have no idea. How much are you spending on your BM bouquets?  I only have 2 bridesmaids but still feel $280 is quite a bit.  I am kind of leaning towards doing artificial hydrangea and making them myself because I could save quite a bit of money but my mom is arguing with me and does not want me to do artifical. Grrr!  Any help is appreciated! 

Re: BM bouquet cost?

• Options
    That seems a bit on the expensive side to me.  My bouquet is $150, and my BM bouquets are $60 each.  I'm not getting any crazy flowers (anemones, roses, hypericum, and possibly orchids if the florist can get them for a good price), but you aren't either.  Hydrangeas are in season in May, but I think lillies are not really "in season" until the summer.  Maybe that is driving up the cost?
  • Options
    That seems high to me... although I know it depends on your location. My bouquet is $170, and it has some fairly pricey flowers. The BM bouquets are $50 each, and they have orchids, hydrangea, roses, and kale.
  • Options
    I've heard that calla lillies, no matter the season, can be kind of pricey. I would check with the florist to see if that's why the price is so high. You could maybe just put those in your bouquet only and use only hydrangea in your BM's bouquets? My friend did something similar for her's in September; she had only calla lillies for her bouquet and used roses for her BMs.

My BMs bouquets are $40 (roses only) and MOH's are $45 (roses and freesia). Mine is $150 for peonies, roses, and freesia.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with all pps.  My BMs bouquets will run $60 a piece for peonies and roses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been quotes $50-75. $140 seems a bit high. They are charging me $180 for my bouquet.
  • Options
    That seems high to me too. My bouquet is $160 and the BM bouquets are $50 each (peonies and roses).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That seems high to me too.

My bouquet is $175 and the BMs are $55

We're doing roses, gerbera daisies, hydrangeas, etc..
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    BMs are $50, I think. All roses.

Hydrangeas should be cheap since you only need a few stems for a pretty full bouquet. I think that even with the callas, that's high.
  • Options
    I think $140 for a BM bouquet is definitely high!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This scares me, I don't meet with my florist until Monday and I want some peonies in there-a semi-expensive flower. I just wouldn't be able to justify $140 per bouquet!

OP, I think that seems a little high.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bm-bouquet-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:827213d0-9d71-4664-af06-65757a83785aPost:22897323-4fba-438d-946f-efc9c3fee506">Re: BM bouquet cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think $140 for a BM bouquet is definitely high!
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

<div>Yikes, I agree!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This does seem really high.  I'm also doing hydrangeas for my BM bouquets... keeping in mind that I drove to a tiny Kansas town and met with a local florist, I'm only being charged $25.00 for their bouquets, $50 for mine!  She told me that the hydrangeas normally cost about $7.00 a head.  She said it is probably cheaper to buy white hydrangeas and dye them the color of my choice, because the white ones are much fuller than the blue/purple ones.  I'm sure prices depend on the area and the size of the florist's shop.  I would call a couple other florist in the area and get quotes on what you want.  If you're seeing a trend in prices, I would look into fake flowers!

• Options
    We are doing all hydrangeas for our wedding, including the bouquets and I learned that some florists import Dutch hydrangeas and others import South American hydrangeas.  The flowers are slightly different, but the dutch ones are about 3x as expensive as the ones from South America so...you might want to double check with your florist on what kind of hydrangeas they are quoting you for.  We are doing our bridesmaid bouquet with only green and white hydrangeas (from South America) and it is costing $50.
  • Options
    $140 seems high.

My bouquet is $160 and includes a lot of expensive flowers like calla lillies, gloriosa lillies and fiddlehead ferns (although I might be taking the gloriosa's out). They also include gerbera daisies but those aren't expensive.

BMs are $60 each and include the same flowers, they will just be smaller bouquets
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That's crazy expensive.  My boquet is about that much and it's stargazer lily, hydrangea, peony, garden rose, and spray roses.  Her boquet (I just have one best woman) is $50 or $60 and is white lily, hydrangea, garden rose, and spray rose.  Mine is going to be fairly large, hers obviously smaller. 
  • Options
    My bouquet is roses, mini callas and gardenias and the BM are carrying just callas...they have 6 in their bouquets and the cost is $55.00/ea.  Mine is around $165.00.  I think the price you were quoted is a bit high.  I am using hydrangeas throughout the reception and my centerpieces are are between $50/$75 each, depending on how the display is done.  I would call and ask her how she came up with the cost she quoted you.  
  • Options
    My MOH bouquet is roses and gerberas. I believe it is supposed to be about $45. Mine is a larger version of hers for $75.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is expensive - I'm going to a local, small business florist and mine are only costing $55 each, and that includes a vase to put them in.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My bouquet is $185 and my BMs are $75. My BMs bouquets are going to have mainly peonies and then filler flowers (roses and godetias). My florist is a woman who does the flowers out of her house though. Not sure what weekend your wedding is, but mine is Mother's Day weekend. I talked to 3 different florists, and 2 of them were charging twice the normal price because of the "holiday." I'd shop around... I wonder if she's charging you so much because you're only doing 2 bouquets???
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    $140 for a BM's is a lot here...
    Mine is $150 and theres are $60 a piece. That's for peonies, roses and calas...

our wedding is mother's day weekend as well, so I'm sure there was a small "up fee" charge too (worked into the quote).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow...I feel like I'm getting a major deal with my florist now. My BM's are carrying all peonies and they are costing $18 each. My bouquet is $80 with hydrandeas, roses, and peonies. So...spending more than $100 on a BM bouquet is ALOT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards