Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Current movie recs?

Dh and I haven't been to the movies since last summer and I have some BOGO coupons so I was thinking about going. But, I can't think of a single movie out right now that I want to see. Anyone seen anything lately that you recommend?

Vacation

Re: Current movie recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Save them for Iron Man 2! :)

I haven't seen anything lately, except Alice in Wonderland which was just OK. My FI saw Hot Tub Time Machine and thought it was funny, but I know those kind of movies aren't everyone's cup of tea.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is still playing anymore but FI and I both really liked Shutter Island. Very edge of your seat type drama.

We saw Clash of the Titans yesterday. FI really wanted to see it and I actually liked it a ton more than I thougnt I would. Wouldn't recommend seeing it in 3D as they only did that after the movie was finished so a lot of people said you can notice the sloppy work.

If you guys like art-house type flicks, there's always The Last Station with Christopher Plummer and James McAvoy. Drama about Tolstoy's life...FI was a bit bored :)
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A movie to rent would be the blindside, but to go see both DH and I thought how to train your dragon in 3d imax was cool.  We both thought that Hot Tub Time Machine was REALLLLLLY dumb! 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I also want to see "Clash of the Titans." Sadly, that's about it right now- I don't feel there's anything else worth seeing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone :)

I love stupid comedies but Hot Tub just looks dumb to me!

Vacation

• Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I loved Hot Tub Time Machine!  It was uber silly though, so if its not your cup of tea, don't waste your tickets/$$.  It was not as funny as The Hangover, but funnier than I Love You Man and Knocked Up (IMO of course!).

Date Night has been getting decent reviews and came in #1 this week.  Other than that, The Losers is one I'm looking forward to (Denny from Gray's!) - but I love action / comedies more than any other genres so take that for what its worth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards