May 2012 Weddings
Options

Just a thought

Gpapale1 got me thinking.... for those of you doing DIY favors and they are edible when are you putting them together? We are doing a smores kit and I had assumed I would put them together like the weekend before the wedding but now I'm not so sure. SO what are your plans?

Re: Just a thought

• Options
    If it's edible, I wouldn't do it anymore than a few days before the wedding. Even if things can't go bad or get stale, I would just feel better about the food/candy being only a few days old.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_just-a-thought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:89c9cb9e-07f8-432f-b77d-3e8c0b180fe4Post:876d1c9b-8e94-43fd-a071-b1a4d4b94a49">Re: Just a thought</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's edible, I wouldn't do it anymore than a few days before the wedding. Even if things can't go bad or get stale, I would just feel better about the food/candy being only a few days old.
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree with this, especially if you're doing the s'mores (I think I saw this is what your favors are).</div><div>
    </div><div>The marshmallows will get hard and the crackers will go stale. 

</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm probably going to do the marshmallows the Wednesday before the wedding.  I'm hoping to have all of my other projects done by then, and they are an easy enough project to get done during the course of an evening.
  • Options
    We were going to do a doughnut & coffee bar, but decided we didn't want anyone to have to worry about getting fresh doughnuts the day of the wedding. Instead we're going to do prepackaged Svenhard danishes (the FI is NUTS for them) so we won't have worry about anything going stale.
  • Options
    I think it also depends on your favor. S'mores I would make a few days beforehand, but other favors can be made in advance and frozen.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are doing gummy frogs...planning on putting them together a couple weeks before and throwing them in the freezer...probably won't refreeze them when we get  there (wedding is 4 hours away so we are going up a couple days early)...but will keep them somewhere coolish so they can dethaw slowley so they dont get gooey.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I think it depends but I would have them done within a few days before the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards