May 2012 Weddings
Options

FI is driving me nuts! lol

We are trying to find a hotel room for our wedding night and for our bridal party to party after the wedding... All the hotels closest to us are about $150 a night!! CRAZY PRICE!!...so i found a few for $90-$110 a night..
he doesnt like them..cuz they are motels...not hotels..( they are nicer motels not the crappy kind)..
my reasoning is...our reception is till 11pm..we wont even GET to the hotel till about 1130-12 ...then if we party with our friends for a little...it will be 1-2am before we even GO to our hotel room... and usually you have to check out by 11 or so..so WHY would we spend $150 we DONT HAVE...for 8 hours of...'sleeping' ? lol  CRAZY!!!

AND is he also driving me crazy..cuz he just lost his job...so im trying my best to save us money by only having beer for our alcohol..i know its not ideal..but we really dont have the money for other alcohol..and he thinks his friends will be mad... i told him..if they are ONLY coming for the alcohol..clearly they are not your real friends. we will supply lots of pop as well.  Our hall provides iced tea, water and lemonade so our guests will have lots of other drinks to drink.

how can I rationalize with him? I know he wants to have *the party of the year*...but he doesnt understand that money doesnt just appear....lol

Re: FI is driving me nuts! lol

• Options

If my FI was saying things like that, I would challenge him to find a better place at that price, and to find a way to get more liquor for cheap.  Literally, point him in a starting direction and see what he comes up with.

No reason you have to do all the stressing yourself. 

• Options
    If friends will be mad because you dont have alcohol they are not friend worth having....dissappointed yeah ok i get that, but they will get over it.

I wouldn't get hotel rooms, its not your responsibility, if your bridal party wants to get rooms (I am assuming its not a DW: in which case you should make sure they have somewhere to stay the entire weekend), let it be thier expense, your only after reception responsibility is where are YOU and FI going to sleep.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_fi-is-driving-me-nuts-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:942082b9-5381-4664-9104-b4cb7dab3995Post:b1e7014b-5d63-458f-ad42-29eb3975800e">Re: FI is driving me nuts! lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If friends will be mad because you dont have alcohol they are not friend worth having....dissappointed yeah ok i get that, but they will get over it. I wouldn't get hotel rooms, its not your responsibility, if your bridal party wants to get rooms</strong> (I am assuming its not a DW: in which case you should make sure they have somewhere to stay the entire weekend), <strong>let it be thier expense, your only after reception responsibility is where are YOU and FI going to sleep.</strong>
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards