May 2012 Weddings
Options

Crazy processionals

It appears that it's some kind of trend to have a choreographed processional with dancing and whatnot. Am I missing something? They're ALL over Youtube. I found very few that were "normal" because this seems to be the norm now. I came across one that was 11 minutes long! Yes, 11 minutes!

Can someone explain this trend to me? Are you planning one? Or will you walk down the aisle like a lady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks_9cyfkQh4

Just curious

ps...hope I didn't offend anyone :)

Re: Crazy processionals

• Options
    That was absolutely crazy!!! Totally looked fun of course but a little out of place!
  • Options
    That's really strange to me...I will be walking down like a lady haha. 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was just on Youtube to find out how processionals work, and there are tons of these types! I couldn't believe it! You can see the looks on some of these faces and they're like "WTF!"

I, myself, will walk down the aisle like a lady
  • Options
    Wow, the bride trying to do a flip and then needing help getting up was awkward! Definitely going the more traditional route!
  • Options
    I think youtube is full of them, because posting normal processionals would not get very many hits or be very exciting to anyone but the peopel at the wedding. I am having a 'normal' processional, but we are having the CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON, song as the recessional and are dancing out....

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_crazy-processionals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:971cfb2f-dc52-481f-9e4e-e82fb8c7b286Post:80dff3a5-bbc0-46a8-96b2-9d22f4e4f5b2">Re: Crazy processionals</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's really strange to me...<strong>I will be walking down like a lady haha. </strong>
    Posted by caitlinc09[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too! </div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    This whole video was ridiculous. My mom would have stopped the whole show if this was my wedding lol

• Options
    Its whatever floats their boat..apparently their not traditonal and wanted something memorable..maybe they got the reaction they wanted..maybe not, but one thing for sure people are talking about it... we will be traditonal for sure!! and im sure it will me memorable in a good way!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    That was kind of funny but I was like get on with it already.  Plus my wedding party would probably murder me in my sleep if I asked them to do that.  Guess we just aren't those people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
    191 Ready to Party! image
    77 Missing Out image
    2 Making Me Crazy! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_crazy-processionals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:971cfb2f-dc52-481f-9e4e-e82fb8c7b286Post:80dff3a5-bbc0-46a8-96b2-9d22f4e4f5b2">Re: Crazy processionals</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's really strange to me...I will be walking down like a lady haha. 
    Posted by caitlinc09[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here. </div>
  • Options
    WOW...that was interesting to say the least.  We're going traditional here too!! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_crazy-processionals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:971cfb2f-dc52-481f-9e4e-e82fb8c7b286Post:85b39fcf-0f91-4113-bdd3-eab6bce6f7f6">Crazy processionals</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can someone explain this trend to me?<div>Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

</div><div>Well, a year or two ago the brides saw that youtube video of the Chris Brown "Forever" processional but they all apparently think that none of their guests saw it....so I assume they think they are being unique & creative.  Personally I think it's a bit inappropriate for a wedding ceremony, but even if I didn't feel this way I'd feel kind of stupid trying to recreate my own version of something I saw on youtube.  Save it for the reception.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd say I'm sorry to anyone who is planning this that I've offended - but I'm not.  Someone's got to come out and say what a lot of other people are thinking =]</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_crazy-processionals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:971cfb2f-dc52-481f-9e4e-e82fb8c7b286Post:9fcc018c-3427-4535-934b-18f00e431744">Re: Crazy processionals</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Crazy processionals : Well, a year or two ago the brides saw that youtube video of the Chris Brown "Forever" processional but they all apparently think that none of their guests saw it....so I assume they think they are being unique & creative.  Personally I think it's a bit inappropriate for a wedding ceremony, but even if I didn't feel this way I'd feel kind of stupid trying to recreate my own version of something I saw on youtube.  Save it for the reception. I'd say I'm sorry to anyone who is planning this that I've offended - but I'm not.  Someone's got to come out and say what a lot of other people are thinking =]
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Plus, even though the original Chris Brown processional wasn't my style, it was well done. Everyone went down the same song, and while it was goofy, it looked natural.  This wedding did TOO much. The bride falling down added insult to injury lol.

But yes, to each his own :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My question is what do you do for when you enter your reception? 

I could NEVER see FI and his groomsmen doing this! My bridesmaids MAYBE but I'm sure there'd be some talk of me going insane. FMIL, I think, would DIE! 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_crazy-processionals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:971cfb2f-dc52-481f-9e4e-e82fb8c7b286Post:9fcc018c-3427-4535-934b-18f00e431744">Re: Crazy processionals</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Crazy processionals : Well, a year or two ago the brides saw that youtube video of the Chris Brown "Forever" processional but they all apparently think that none of their guests saw it....so I assume they think they are being unique & creative.  Personally I think it's a bit inappropriate for a wedding ceremony, but even if I didn't feel this way I'd feel kind of stupid trying to recreate my own version of something I saw on youtube.  Save it for the reception. I'd say I'm sorry to anyone who is planning this that I've offended - but I'm not.  Someone's got to come out and say what a lot of other people are thinking =]
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha! You're right, I forgot all about that!</div><div>
    </div><div>Yep, normal processional for me.</div>
  • Options
    I think they can be fun but I'm sticking pretty traditional...
  • Options
    that was one of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen.  i'm walking down the aisle like a lady  haha  :-P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards