May 2012 Weddings
Options

Oh Come On!

12 days before the wedding, I get a detailed bill from the caterer and it is $440 more than what I was originally quoted!!! I've gone over the original quote and the one she just sent me and I have no clue where the extra money is coming from. My guess is that she didn't include something in the original quote even though she said that it included everything (apps, dinner, tax & gratuity). So my question to you ladies is how far do I push this? I've emailed her to let her know of the two different quotes and made it very clear to her that after the original quote I made our budget based on that so why should I have to pay extra if she made a mistake. Not to mention that right now I have no extra money especially $440! What do I do if she comes back and says you either pay it or we don't show up. Ugh, I don't need this stress right now!!!! Just needed to vent, thanks ladies!
imageVisit The Nest!

Re: Oh Come On!

• Options
    jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    do you have any paperwork or emails stating the orginal quote?? if so that should cut down on back and forth...if not, maybe you can reinterate your budget and have them work within that..let them know that needs to INCLUDE EVERYTHING and not to go over
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    This is totally what I was talking about in my last email below. Vendors adding extras to squeeze more money out of you. Review your contract and fight them in it. Read my post below too
  • Options
    spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    I have the email with her original quote and I sent it to her to show her what she told me so she can't really deny it. I guess we'll see what happens when she emails me back, ugh!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    Ugh! I don't have any advice, but best of luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I wouldn't stress too much until you hear back from her. See what she says and go from there. 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    had almost an identical situation today and it really sucks. We managed to cut and make some sacrifices and bring it back down to a number that didn't make me want to vomit.

Hopefully they can work it out for you, especially since you have the lower quote.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    Ugh that is annoying, good thing you kept all of your emails!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards